Wiper fluid not coming out

GApathfinder

Hey everyone!

I am having a problem with the little wiper fluid shooters. Everytime I pull in the wiper handle, nothing comes out. The wipers move, but no fluid comes out. I went to Auto-Zone and got some more fluid, thinking it must be just out. It was very low, so I put new fluid in, tried it out again and nothing happened. Just the same, no fluid, but the wipers move.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks, Garrett.

Squirter pump seems to be the most likely culprit... If it was totally dry it could take a while to prime and come out, but I'm assuming you held it down for a while... See if you can tell if it is running and wiggle the connector...

If you can hear the washer pump running, pull the hose off the fitting under the hood on the side the hose goes up to the hood, than have someone pull the washer lever, if fluid comes out than the nozzles are clogged. What I do is pull the nozzles out of the hood (if yours are in the hood), and I run them under my sink with hot water and I use a small sewing needle to clean out the holes. A lot of times wax will get into the nozzles causing them to clog. If no fluid comes out of the hose than the washer pump may be bad. Does the rear washer nozzle work? Both washer pumps are in the same tank under the hood but they work separately.

Same problem here and I don't hear my pumps when I try. I've checked the fuses and they appear to be good. Where the H. E. double hockey sticks are the pumps?

You know what, I'll wait to solve this problem after I've solved my mud sick VG33. :headwall:

My WD's front pump went out a while back. Turned out that the bushing at the top had seized up. A few minutes with pliers and steel wool, and a little oil, and it's worked since. Didn't cost squat, and I got to prove my dad wrong (he said I needed a new pump). Sounds like yours is a lot tougher to get to than mine, though.

Be careful siphoning out the fluid. It tastes horrible. :P