Shaking like its nervous!

NissanNismoZ

So, i've finally fixed my alarm/remote issues, and various other problems and im down to my engine codes (going to try a new MAF soon)

But, i have a new problem, that seems to possibly be getting worse?

So, at speeds around 0-40mph all is fine, no shaking or anything.. once i start hitting around 50-60mph, it starts shaking, and i have to turn the wheel slightly right (makes it look like im swerving..) to get it to stop..but as soon as the wheel straight, it starts making the thumping sound and shaking..but as long as im turning on a curve (usually rides smooth around slight right curves) but..i KNOW that my strut rod is GONE. its snapped in half and im in the look out for one..but..would that be the cause of the shaking?

Thanks!

Also..does..anyone else notice a whirring noise at speeds around 35mph? It's definitely coming from the diff, but..is it a problem? The noise stops as soon as i let off the gas, and starts as soon as i touch the pedal..but its loudest at 35mph..

I would say start with fixing your known problem as it defiantly ain't helping hold things together by being completely broken :lol: so yes, missing pieces in your front suspension that hold the control arm on will make the front end shake!

that aint a 'little' thing, you kinda need your lower control arm to be bolted on at both ends :chairfall: get some bushings and an arm since you say yours is busted and if it's still makign noise and shaking you can update us with new symptoms and ones that left!

i KNOW that my strut rod is GONE. its snapped in half and im in the look out for one..but..would that be the cause of the shaking?

:blink:

its amazing how one little thing can cause so much of an issue!

:doh:

that aint a 'little' thing, you kinda need your lower control arm to be bolted on at both ends :chairfall: get some bushings and an arm since you say yours is busted and if it's still makign noise and shaking you can update us with new symptoms and ones that left!

:iws:

B

I suggest not driving it in the state it's in, if you've got bits and pieces of your suspension missing, you might end up watching your front wheel decide to take off without you, or it'll fold under, or it'll fold out, or just flat out snap something else off and you get your front wheels disagreeing on which direction to go. All these are Bad Things.

FactoryNissanParts.com has them for $32, I just looked it up for a friend yesterday. The new Nissan bushing was $12 each and it isn't hard to replace at all (doesn't live in rust country).

B

I suggest not driving it in the state it's in, if you've got bits and pieces of your suspension missing, you might end up watching your front wheel decide to take off without you, or it'll fold under, or it'll fold out, or just flat out snap something else off and you get your front wheels disagreeing on which direction to go. All these are Bad Things™.

Absolutely correct and well said, but something tells me if he is still willing to drive it, he isn't going to listen to the apt "Stop It!! You could kill yourself or someone else" warning.

B

"You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel..."

LOL

no, i listened to the comments.. coz..id rather save teh pathy!

but..i DID drive to to school today, no problem. The reason i drove it was because i wanted to balance my tires..so..i balance them all perfectly, head home and..cant get over 45mph because it starts shaking uncontrollably, almost making me lose control..so..i crawl at 30mph on a 55 the whole 11 miles.. it SUCKED and was embarassing.. so..i made it a point to myself, im not driving it until its fixed..

Just asked the boss to borrow 20$ so ill stop by the junk yard and get one off the pathy there.. But..just so i could make sure there was no damage done, i had a friend turn the wheel several times, (even turning it with it off and lifted) and nothing seems out of line or loose..except the tension rod, what was left that actually touched the frame is now gone and touching nothing..

Thanks everyone!!!!

Ill let you guys know how it goes after i get it..

Okay..so..the only one i could find, was one off a 4x4 D21 (the parts pathy i buy from didnt have either..someone got them..) and..all the D21 trucks there were all worn, but this was the best i could get for now..

It fixed:

Steering wheel alignment (actually points straight instead of crooked)

Steering wheel can be left alone and it still drives straight!

NO MORE SHAKING!!!!

other than my unbalanced tires..but..fixing that tomorrow. :)

THANKS everyone!!!!!!! :)

and YES this is temporary until i can find a better one..

328324_2375205983686_1356681980_32906452_1915820_o.jpg