seat swap

davedavays

hi all i hav an 88 2dr wagon pathy 4x4 and am after 2 new front seats as the pair in them are past their use by date and need replacing badly just im havin trouble finding a nice pair, was wondering if a pair from another model or car would fit any help would be much appreciated. and if there are any other things i should know about the 88 pathy as ihavnt had it long, but plan to keep for eva.

cheers

Things you should know? Look around and you will find about EVERYTHING you need to know here! As for the seats, wd21 seats across the year range all mount the same and if you like a bench seat you can use one from a hardbody (d21) pickup as a direct bolt in.

And welcome!

A decent set of Pathy seats are getting harder to come by. I have seats from an Acura Integra in my 87 and a few others have grafted in Maxima seats and the like. None are a direct bolt-in swap, but depending on your fabrication skills and how much time and effort you want to put in to it just about anything will swap in. Just be sure the seat you choose is wide enough, low enough and the back will fold up enough so you have room to get in the rear of the truck.

You can find adapter brackets for about $80 each on e-bay or 4x4parts.com to bolt in any after market seats. A few years ago I picked up a pair of Recaro seats from craigs list for $200.

Consider having your exisiting seats' padding and covering replaced or repaired. It likely won't cost as much as you think, and you don't have to worry about your fabrication skills.

Afterthought, if you DO decide on a hardbody bench swap, don't forget you would need to swap e-brake levers and front cables as the HB has the dash mount handle and the bench seat would be inthe way of the floor mount handle. Still bolt on, but more labor :shrug:

Consider having your exisiting seats' padding and covering replaced or repaired. It likely won't cost as much as you think, and you don't have to worry about your fabrication skills.

that what im doing today...going around getting prices to compair new seat prices with mine having new padding and being recovered.......but i also like the bench idea...:) what to do....what to do....