bucking pathfinder

jwmyers23

When you first start the truck, look at the switches to the left of the steering wheel. Below the mirror control next to the cruise control switch is the switch for transmission power control. When you start the truck up, does the light on the switch flash about 5 times?

If it is flashing that indicates an error detected in the transmission by the transmssion control module. The FSM tells you how to decode the errors.

Is your fluid level correct? Check the transmission dipstick with the vehicle in park and running after a good drive so that the vehicle transmission is good and warmed up. Keep in mind that too much fluid is as bad as too little. Does it smell burn or is it black in color?

Does it shift into 2 and 1 and drive just fine?

However, I think though that you are looking at the release solenoid in the valve body is out or the overdrive gear in the transmission is worn out. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hooked pathy up to neighbors code reader. It says there's a selnoid out in the trans. I forget what it said it was. I also found out that you shouldn't weld on the exhaust with the o2 sensor in (OOPS).