Carby issues

Any advice on tuning the OEM carby on a Z24 motor... Runs fine but idles at 2000 rpm... Adjusting the idle screw back any further only causes the engine to die.... I have slackened the throttle cable back, so it is not interfering with it... The only thing I can think of is the choke isn't coming off... Any other advise would be awesome... It has been at least ten years since I have had to play with carbs...

correct me if im wrong people but the z24 came with throttle body injection, bad injector would make a lean condition and raise the idle

Most are carburated.

Maybe try giving it a good cleaning with some carb cleaner, That used to work on my ram 50. Also if you have cruise control that cable may be pulling if it got pinched.

nah mine is a pov-pack... no cruise here... getting a carby kit for it... see what happens... just hope i dont loose the little balls out of this one

only balls you can lose are your's lol

nah lost those a while ago... they are now housed in a silk purse, in my other half's possession... don't think i will be seeing them again...