Front end vibration

rgallant

Hi all,

I have a bit of a weird front end vibration issue. Acts like a bad wheel balance vibration at 55mph through to about 60 then goes away.

The tires have been checked for balance (high speed) no problems.

Some times it is worse than others, not severe by any means but very noticeable. Then it seems to go away for a bit then comes back.

Complete front suspension replaced.

I suspect wheel bearings, but can anyone shed any light on this or suggestions ?

Jack the front and grab the wheels. See if you can wiggle them. Side to side you might can feel the steering move, but top to bottom there shouldn't be any play. If there is then probably wheel bearings are dead or misadjusted. Or ball joints etc...

The 55-60 part is the perfect classical symptom of a wheel out of balance. You get major wobble at those speeds that goes away after 60/65 mph.

You state that it was balanced and checked.

Have you gotten a second opinion on this?

I would add that many places will try to balance a wheel even though it is bent slightly or warped, meaning that they get it as close as they can and send you on your merry way.

Also, if the wheel is not mounted correctly on the tire machine before they spin test it, it will give you incorrect readings for weights to balance the wheel, and when they put the weights on it will then read correctly even though it is wrong. Take the wheel off the machine after this, put it back on and you get a whole different set of readings.

x2 with Alkorahil, that is beyond classic balance symptoms. Go to a different shop and get a second opinion on the balance or go when theres a different shift on if you went to a chain place... Heck try simply rotating your tires front to back and see if that changes anything as well (assuming you got all 4 balanced that is)