Stabilizer Bar Bushings

trenton163

I was under my truck today, trying to find out where a squeaking sound was coming from and I noticed that Stabilizer bar bushing looked bent? I don't know if it is supposed to look this way or not? Here are some pics.

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Sorry if its a noob question.

yea... the bushings are getting worn. I know Steeevo and his site RuggedRocks sells a complete Energy Suspension kit (Both links and IIRC when I asked him about it a wHile ago also had the frame mount bushings as well) for 27.95 +shipping (red or black bushings) Send a PM to him to make sure though and when your ready to order he offers a 5% discount to NPORA members if you check the Vendors section :aok:

Hah those bushing's still have another 1,000,000 miles left in them! If you're like me though and the slightest squeak annoys you and you HAVE to fix it, I can understand haha.

Very easy to replace though if you're going that route.

I have been reading on here how to replace bushings, and I have a FSM and it says that I need a press to remove the control arm bushings? Is it possible to remove the by just hammering the old ones with a wooden dowel or something? I dont have a lot of tools so I really hope you can.

Thnaks

Your pics are of the stabilizer bar, not control arm... but I assume you're just moving on to something else. I haven't done the control arms, but probably you can do whatever you want to get the old ones out (drill whatever) because you don't care about them. I'd be more worried about getting the new ones in properly.

The stabilizer bar links just unbolt and slide out. For the control arm bushings, if they're shot and you're replacing them, you can burn them out and have the new ones pressed in.

OK cool thanks, I talked to a friend of mine today who his dad owns a shop and they are gonna help me with the bushings. He said that he has the same polyurethane bushings I want on his truck. He told me that they squeak like crazy but they are really tough. I was wondering if anybody else has had the same thing happen to them?

Thanks