BFG Rugged Terrain T/A®

Thanks but any experience specifically to the BFG Rugged Terrains?

I had them as OEM on two previous trucks and didn't have any complaints with them. On both vehicles they did well in all 4 seasons; though not particularily good in deep mud etc. they were good in the snow, trail running and quiet on the hiway / no issues with hydroplaning. Both had good tread life and I swapped them out both times after 50,000 miles for the Bridgestone AT Revo 2 and BFG AT KOs. IMO solid good all round tire for the $$.

I had them as OEM on two previous trucks and didn't have any complaints with them. On both vehicles they did well in all 4 seasons; though not particularily good in deep mud etc. they were good in the snow, trail running and quiet on the hiway / no issues with hydroplaning. Both had good tread life and I swapped them out both times after 50,000 miles for the Bridgestone AT Revo 2 and BFG AT KOs. IMO solid good all round tire for the $$.

Thanks but these have been out since March 2011, maybe your thinking an older model?

I haven't had any experience with them, But I currently have bfg all terrains, and I don't think that they have held up as long as they should(about35,000). They are great tires, I just think that they have worn out to quickly. But then again I have driven them very hard (going up and down a 11% grade everyday the past two winters). But I looked up these new tires and they appear pretty good, I if you get them you should let us know how you like them.

I haven't seen or owned them, but BGF makes good products AFAIC. AT KOs on the previous Pathy and MT/KM2 on this one. For lighter off road use, especially in the high desert around Vegas, I suspect that they will do fine, just avoid deep mud. Just saying I doubt they are a bad tire...

B

Unless I'm mistaken those tires were designed to be a factory tire for ether a jeep or FJ. I forget what one. I was looking at them when I was shopping for my tires. With that being said you have to consider that they more than likely have pretty good road handling characteristics and good tread wear. Everything off road most likely comes 2nd. These factory off road read rides were wanting something a little more aggressive looking while still maintaining good road handling characteristics. The BFG AT and MT tires are too aggressive and wear out pretty quickly for a factory tire. The BFG Rugged Trail TA is not even close to aggressive looking so they created this model as a best of both worlds type tire.

I don't have any experience with them at all. Sorry this is all I can't add the subject. Hope it helps. I'd go to tirerack and look at the reviews on that site if they have any? :shrug:

Edited by The_Magicians_Eye

The BFG AT and MT tires are too aggressive and wear out pretty quickly for a factory tire.

They're actually known to be some of the longest lasting tires on the road. Which makes sense considering they're made by Michelin. BFG ATs can last almost 100,000 miles, that's definitely not wearing out fast. Even after around 70,000 miles the ATs I took off multiple trucks still had life left. The MTs generally last around 50-60,000 miles.

I haven't been a fan of the older Rugged Terrains, but the new ones look pretty good.

Edited by Kingman

Thanks but these have been out since March 2011, maybe your thinking an older model?

Thanks for the bump / thought of that when looking at the tread pattern. My experience does relate to the older model. All the best with the purchase.

They're actually known to be some of the longest lasting tires on the road. Which makes sense considering they're made by Michelin. BFG ATs can last almost 100,000 miles, that's definitely not wearing out fast. Even after around 70,000 miles the ATs I took off multiple trucks still had life left. The MTs generally last around 50-60,000 miles.

I haven't been a fan of the older Rugged Terrains, but the new ones look pretty good.

Those numbers are pretty impressive to say the least. I hear something completely different from the people I know that run them plus the BFG AT that I had on my VW Baja didn't last anywhere near 100,000 miles. I'd say closer to 30,000. But then again I actually used them for what they were made for. I'm not saying they are bad tires at all. I love BFG tires. But their off road tires aren't good factory tires. They are too purpose built. It's like the Goodyear MTR that was used as a factory tire. That didn't last long at all. The auto industry wants a more well rounded tire for general use. They know most people that buy SUV or trucks never use them off road.

Anyway I think I made my point and this is getting way off topic. Sorry :offtopic: