TD27T 70L/400KMs

my terrano is using like 16l per 100 kms, I've heard is should be using 10-12l per 100kms, mine use to blow abit of black smoke, so i wound the fuel down, now it only blows black smoke if i pulse the throttle, and it only comes out when the rpms get back to idle. Anyone know what the problem could be?

I have checked the air intake, its clear, the exhaust is fine.

my terrano is using like 16l per 100 kms, I've heard is should be using 10-12l per 100kms, mine use to blow abit of black smoke, so i wound the fuel down, now it only blows black smoke if i pulse the throttle, and it only comes out when the rpms get back to idle. Anyone know what the problem could be?

I have checked the air intake, its clear, the exhaust is fine.

Same as mine, and it is intercooled too. I do not worry too much though as it leans out on highway trips. Maybe there is something amiss with it. but it gets me there n back.

BLACK SMOKE IS THE EXCESS POWER BEING RELEASED :blush:

Same as mine, and it is intercooled too. I do not worry too much though as it leans out on highway trips. Maybe there is something amiss with it. but it gets me there n back.

BLACK SMOKE IS THE EXCESS POWER BEING RELEASED :blush:

Yeah it does its job, just abit hard to afford it being a student, + road users its a heck of alot more to run than my turbo sr20det bluebird....

Yeah it does its job, just abit hard to afford it being a student, + road users its a heck of alot more to run than my turbo sr20det bluebird....

Must have a catch-up and compare notes sometime.

hi

i get 11 to 100km

with a full tank 650 to 700km

Yeah so there definitly something up with mine.... How many RPM are you pulling at 100km/h?

Yeah so there definitly something up with mine.... How many RPM are you pulling at 100km/h?

1700RPM at 50km/h and 2200RPM at 100km/h

That's an auto on 33" tyres

1700RPM at 50km/h and 2200RPM at 100km/h

That's an auto on 33" tyres

Hmm.. im pulling 2500rpm at 100km/h on 31's.. I really want to get 33's but abit outta budget atm

• 3 weeks later...

dam!! im pulling 2800-3000 rpm at 100kmh on 31s!! are yours all autos? i have the manual box

Yep we both autos. And you must definitly have the 4.8 ratio diffs?

dam!! im pulling 2800-3000 rpm at 100kmh on 31s!! are yours all autos? i have the manual box

Mines the same, Manual, 4.8 on 31's. I will get between 600-700 depending on how heavy my foot is.