Smoke coming from front in cab..burned small hole in carpet

NissanNismoZ

yeah, when i rubbed my hand over it, it felt flaky.. its definitely the gasket right under where the hole was on the driver side.. but if its cheap then the next time im in town..well..the bigger town 30 miles away, ill stop by the nissan dealer and see if they have one..

Hell no!! I like my exhaust removable...

B

Seized flange bolts, and rust... blown gaskets and leaks...

I had to use a reciprocating saw to get my 'removable' exhaust system out.

I would personally go ahead and weld it.

• 2 weeks later...

My entire truck filled with smoke from this exact same problem. It was while I was doing 70 on the freeway. Lots of swerving, smoke billowing out the windows, I finally got to the shoulder. Luckily I thought to bring a fire extinguisher on this trip (the carpet was fully in flames). The cops showed up, fire trucks were called, but I had it out before any real damage. Then just like any Pathfinder owner would do, I drove it another 200 miles home. I welded it shut after that.

My entire truck filled with smoke from this exact same problem. It was while I was doing 70 on the freeway. Lots of swerving, smoke billowing out the windows, I finally got to the shoulder. Luckily I thought to bring a fire extinguisher on this trip (the carpet was fully in flames). The cops showed up, fire trucks were called, but I had it out before any real damage. Then just like any Pathfinder owner would do, I drove it another 200 miles home. I welded it shut after that.

Wow!! That's scary!! But that's the situation i was in, only mine was just close to going in flames.. What i would do next is replace that bad exhaust gasket :)

It's not too difficult to replace and it took me about..15 minutes to do..It just depends in your exhaust is rusted really badly or not.. If you need help just ask! It's the gasket right under the hole you welded over..

Wow!! That's scary!! But that's the situation i was in, only mine was just close to going in flames.. What i would do next is replace that bad exhaust gasket :)

It's not too difficult to replace and it took me about..15 minutes to do..It just depends in your exhaust is rusted really badly or not.. If you need help just ask! It's the gasket right under the hole you welded over..

Actually I meant I welded the pipe and the floor back together. :aok: That was a while ago. I'm in the process of a transmission swap from auto to manual and have all new pipes to go in. :D