Aircon fan Blowing but not working

u13turbo

the fans in my terrano wont work, i can hear the thing under passenger glovebox blowing/sucking really loud, but barely anything come out of the vents. Would i just need to give a filter a clean or something?

remove the blower resistor and check inside, leaves and stuff tend to accumulate there.

Do you feel air coming out of any of the vents? ex. floor, top of dash?

Edited by ahardb0dy

remove the blower resistor and check inside, leaves and stuff tend to accumulate there.

Do you feel air coming out of any of the vents? ex. floor, top of dash?

Where and how do i do that?

Yes it does blow a tiny bit of air, same amount no matter what setting, but yeah i have 2 terranos, ones blows it out really good, and my main one on 4 is worse than other one on 1.

Where and how do i do that?

Yes it does blow a tiny bit of air, same amount no matter what setting, but yeah i have 2 terranos, ones blows it out really good, and my main one on 4 is worse than other one on 1.

There is a thread on here somewhere that deals with this. I believe you access it by removing the glove box assembly and back panel? Access to the heater is in there. :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

Tried cleaning my resistor, and i did find the problem, the radiator is clogged with greasy dust, fricken hard to get that @!*% out of the fins, i cleaned a small area but to do anymore i would need to remove the whole thing, and i dont know if that is easy or not?

Tried cleaning my resistor, and i did find the problem, the radiator is clogged with greasy dust, fricken hard to get that @!*% out of the fins, i cleaned a small area but to do anymore i would need to remove the whole thing, and i dont know if that is easy or not?

That reminds me, I must look at mine in the weekend too. :crossedwires:

It is not too bad and I bet it is time for new coolant anyway...

Remove fan shroud (6 screws) and fan (4 nuts). The fan is not required but it does give you more working room. Drain coolant and dispose of properly. Undo the coolant hoses, upper and lower. Remove 2 bolts from top holding the radiator to the two brackets on the front support. Tilt back and lift out. Fire up the pressure washed and gently blow that crap on out. If you have AC and/or AT oil cooler you might want to pull the grill and pressure wash those too. I am 5-spd but I do the AC without removing... Then I use the opportunity to wash the remainder of the garage floor :laugh:

It is not too bad and I bet it is time for new coolant anyway...

Remove fan shroud (6 screws) and fan (4 nuts). The fan is not required but it does give you more working room. Drain coolant and dispose of properly. Undo the coolant hoses, upper and lower. Remove 2 bolts from top holding the radiator to the two brackets on the front support. Tilt back and lift out. Fire up the pressure washed and gently blow that crap on out. If you have AC and/or AT oil cooler you might want to pull the grill and pressure wash those too. I am 5-spd but I do the AC without removing... Then I use the opportunity to wash the remainder of the garage floor :laugh:

Sorry mate was talking about the little radiator in the box by the fan resistor for heater.

Sorry mate was talking about the little radiator in the box by the fan resistor for heater.

That's the A/C evaporator. It's pretty simple to remove but you will have to let out your refrigerant and then have it recharged when you finish.

James