what...........

Chicano2005

so I'm having a bit of a dilemma.

gas prices are soaring here in Chicago.

my pathy is starting to show the rust.

i dont have a job due to health issues.

now i'm thinking of selling it if i dont get a job soon.

but its looks nasty with the little rusts spots.

i would fix now but the weather does not cooperate.

what would you do?

fix rust, and keep if a job is found

even if gas prices are higher than ever?

dont fix and sell "as is" even if it loses some value?

maybe trade "as is" for a small car?

edit: truck is running fine. no problems whatsoever!

99.5 LE

Edited by Chicano2005

Don't fix the rust until fall, buy a set of Mile Marker hubs and install (these will keep the front CV's from spinning, giving you better rolling resistance and increased mileage 1-2mph, $90 on sale at 4wheel parts), look for job while driving as little as possible. Keep at it and it will work out. Good Luck. :aok:

B

I'm in the same boat man, my summer job has me commuting about 80 miles a day, so I will be using the camry for most of it. However I am on the lookout for a 4cyl d21 as I find that I dont need the 4x4 as much and the crap mpgs aren't really worth it...but its paid for and a great truck...i'd say do waht is financially feasable. If you can afford to trade in and take on a car payment, do it, but also think that the amount of a monthly payment is more than filling up the r50 with gas...just my 5.3443 cents (adjusted for inflation)....

Make sure you estimate total cost of ownership. Consider insurance, estimated repairs, and fuel economy (actually run the numbers in a spreadsheet or on paper). Find the monthly difference to see if it is really worthwhile,

Before buying the pathy people were telling me I would go broke with the fuel bill. I don't drive a lot of kilometres in a year so I did the math compared to a car I would actually own (no hyundai pony fot me!) and found it was a few hundred per year more - worth it to me to have a 4x4 in the snowbelt. Everyone's situation is different. But if you lose $2k selling it in value it would take several years for the pay back possibly.

Been outa work b4; I wish ya good luck man.

$5.50 a gallon up here in Canada!

Holy @!*%! I'm sure it's coming down here too. Right now its around $3.74. We should have the cheapest price, our state produces a lot of oil, aside from what we don't spill that is.

Cover it up. Get a bicycle ride to work. Slowly work on the truck and drive it when you can.

I'm about to start doing that, if I can find a seat that doesn't feel like I'm being raped. Save on gas and get back in shape. I'm only 6 miles from work so 12 miles a day.