Noob lift question...

Lije

So I'm still kinda new to the whole off-road scene and I'm looking to beef up my '98 R50. Only problem is, I have NO clue what lift to get.

I want to put a lift on my pathy. I'm hoping to stay on the cheap side (like below $650) and get the best lift possible.

Here is my question:

I live in south Louisiana where we have no hills, very few trails, and a TON of mud. 98% of what I do is going to be mudding so I'm really not too worried about getting a lift that can go over huge boulders and down rock cliffs...

I'm just looking for something that will give me around 3" of lift.

That stated, which is the best lift for me?

I've done some research on the forum and found this page with lifts from 4x4parts.com https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/19962004-pathfinder-suspension-packages-c-435_437_341_8_443.html

which has all the lifts for my pathfinder but I honestly can't tell any difference except for the price!

Am I even looking in the right place? Would a Calmini or OME lift be better?

Thanks for all the help. This forum ROCKS!

Edited by Lije

You really have four options:

1. 2" Automotive Customizers (AC - 4x4parts) Suspension Lift.

2. 0.5" - 1.75" Old Man Emu (OME) Suspension Lift.

3. 4" Sub Frame Drop (SFD) Kit

4. Custom.

The R50 utilizes a unibody (frame on body) construction making a body lift much more difficult. The SFD is going to require much more $$ and effort, but will achieve the greater lift height body lifts provide. The SFD can also be paired with different coil springs to achieve up to 6" of lift.

As far as a basic suspension lift goes, your best bets are the AC or OME lift which can also be paired with 1" spacers to acheive up to 3" of lift in the front.

Edited by RonBurgundy

Ok so out of the lifts on that page I posted from 4x4parts are all of them AC lifts?

If so, which is the best for the price and why are the prices so different? (i'm assuming that its because of the brand of parts they come with)

I'm not 100% sure, but the ones that have an AC int he Sku are their springs I believe they have sell OME now, with OME in the SKU. I am not sure what BD means however.

They all very in price because of the different brands they have packaged together, for the shocks and struts.

Honestly you will save some coin if you Just the coils from them if you want the AC lift

Get KYB GR2 struts on Rock Auto and use our code its like $150 for both shipped. Don't waste your money on Rancho struts as they (from what I read) dont last as long.

Get some Shocks that you like either Bilstein or Rancho

Get 4 camber bolts from say Summit for $8/pair

And get the Strut mounts/bearing from Nissan. the KYB ones that AC sells are junk.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure, but the ones that have an AC int he Sku are their springs I believe they have sell OME now, with OME in the SKU. I am not sure what BD means however.

They all very in price because of the different brands they have packaged together, for the shocks and struts.

Honestly you will save some coin if you Just the coils from them if you want the AC lift

Get KYB GR2 struts on Rock Auto and use our code its like $150 for both shipped. Don't waste your money on Rancho struts as they (from what I read) dont last as long.

Get some Shocks that you like either Bilstein or Rancho

Get 4 camber bolts from say Summit for $8/pairAnd get the Strut mounts/bearing from Nissan. the KYB ones that AC sells are junk.

get 4 dont you only need two for the front end driver and pass sides?

get 4 dont you only need two for the front end driver and pass sides?

Yes. You will need two for each side (four total). One bolt will give you +/- 2 degrees while two bolts will give you 4 degrees.

just get the SFD from Krypton if all you do is mudding !!

Krypton kit $500.00

WJ rear springs $ 100 - $150

Rear shocks $ ?

You could fit the biggest tires and it does help ground clearance most.

DSCN0478.jpg

Edited by PaMountianbiker

I just ordered and installed:

https://www.davesport.com/

2 N61 NISSAN PATHFINDER R50 TO 1/99 REAR FIRM $84.81 $169.62

2 OME928 NISSAN PATHFINDER FRONT HD COILS $76.78 $153.56

2 OME922 NISSAN PATHFINDER REAR COIL $76.78 $153.56

SUBTOTAL $476.74

SALES TAX $0.00

SHIPPING $41.81

ORDER TOTAL $518.55

For the front, I went with KYB GR2s from Amazon. So far, the ride on the road is nice. Next is new tires and an alignment.

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4