Please Offer Your Advice. My Car Overheated

MikeFlynn

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 07 Nissan Pathfinder. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? The parts on each site match the OEM number of the part I need.. Thanks in advance.

http://www.radiatorspot.com/nissan/pathfinder/radiators.html#MjI1MzU

or

http://www.aaapart.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_8802_9068_9075&product_id=335159

Howdy, we'll leave this here for now, maybe later scooting it to the 2005+ section; you are doing fine.

Sorry to hear about the overheating. IIRC that model has an issue with the radiator leaking in between the tranny cooler and coolant cooler sections which degrades cooling and can destroy the tranny so make sure to check that the fluids haven't mixed. I'm sure I read this here so see if you can search for it. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try.

I don't know either of those sites, but I can recommend rockauto.com and they seem to have the same prices, maybe even the same product as your first link...

TYC all-aluminum radiators are thin and lightweight featuring new fin technology, with superior heat transfer efficiency and durability. Plastic/aluminum radiators are brazed with the state-of-the-art Nocolok furnace process. All products feature impeccably consistent quality, fit, and unsurpassed thermal efficiency.

Warranty Information

Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 21460EA215, NI3010204

Here is a discount code if you choose to use them...

Discount Code: 30037245D5FA

Please enter this code in the 'How Did You Hear about Us' box to receive a 5% discount.

Expires: 05/24/2011

:beer:

B

:goodpost: gotta agree rockauto.com has been a proven reputable site for many of us here, but out of curiosity what are local parts store prices for you? After shipping would it be worth it to just get one local?

and welcome by the way :welcome:

Maybe Mike will chime in here, definitley check your tans fluid and hope it doesn't look like stawberry milk shake. From what I have read the original rad was manufactured by calsonic and there is belief by some that was the reason for the leaky rads/failed trannys. So stay away from calsonic is my best advise

Maybe Mike will chime in here, definitley check your tans fluid and hope it doesn't look like stawberry milk shake. From what I have read the original rad was manufactured by calsonic and there is belief by some that was the reason for the leaky rads/failed trannys. So stay away from calsonic is my best advise

calsonic crap has been an issue on many pathfinders, they can't make anything right

calsonic crap has been an issue on many pathfinders, they can't make anything right

What are you talking about. Calsonic makes like all the heating and cooling stuff and just because one gen has rad problems you make that statement.

agreed. Calsonic is an amazing quality brand generally. if the oil cooler is known for splitting internally, get an external oil cooler and manual radiator (or auto rad, without the cooler connected up). which is what i recommend with ANY auto car, and do to any automatic car that i own.