Frontier or Xterra

porsche4786

• 6 months later...

Wow, I never replied with what I ended up doing! I looked at quite a few automatic xterra's, almost went with one, I was going to make a deal on it the next day. And then a really nice 2004 came on craigslist from the original owner, manual transmission with 60xxx miles. So I jumped on it. This was probably 6 months ago now...It was completely stock when I got it, then I added a few things, and will continue to add a few thing :D Need to figure out a way to keep the mud off the side just from driving on a gravel/dirt/mud road. Nissan made a good move for the oil filter location on the VG33E vs the VG30E, no more dumping oil all over the starter. Cracked exhaust manifolds still a common issue...

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

photobucket-1388-1320683865559.jpg

photobucket-3595-1319580629610-1.jpg

Looks much better with the ARB (too much plastic otherwise) and where the hell is the spare?? By law you are obligated to remove that hideous roof rack and ship it to me for proper disposal...

:D

B

Looks much better with the ARB (too much plastic otherwise) and where the hell is the spare?? By law you are obligated to remove that hideous roof rack and ship it to me for proper disposal...

:D

B

I've only seen an Xterra without a roof rack once. And it looked extremely silly because of the roof lines. I want to raise it a little more, but I'm pretty close to the garage door opening . The spare is located under the rear of the truck, gas tank under the passenger side back seat area. Very nice not having my spare inside the luggage area like with my old pathfinder!

Also, if you have any fender flares for the pathfinder you don't want, I want to see if I can make them fit the Xterra. Nobody offers any for it, other than the flexy flares universal stuff.

Edited by porsche4786