I need a little audio help!

kefferjoe

So i decided to put in some new speakers and an amp with them so i started wiring and what not and i finished installing my polk audio amp and speakers in all 4 doors and then i cranked it on and the 2 door speakers in the rear spit out static idk what what to do im giving up on testing anything till tomorrow so let me know if you have any ideas on what to do/ what it is.....ummm when i have no music playing i have some sort of radio station or music such coming out of the speakers very very very quietly behind the static...any help/tips are appreciated

I hope you didn't lose the smoke!

There is a how-to on replacing your radio I think. I forget, but maybe there are stock amps in the truck somewhere designed to work with the stock stereo and now you have two amps hooked up causing problems? Not sure if that makes sense. I would look for that how-to.

I hope you didn't lose the smoke!

There is a how-to on replacing your radio I think. I forget, but maybe there are stock amps in the truck somewhere designed to work with the stock stereo and now you have two amps hooked up causing problems? Not sure if that makes sense. I would look for that how-to.

Eaxctly wat I was thinking, you need to do an amplifier bypass.

The OP must have a Bose system to require an amplifier bypass. The bypass can be done by either running your own wires to the back speakers, or cutting and soldering some wires at the rear amp's wiring harness. I've done the latter and can tell you which wires to connect together based on your year's FSM if you wish.