F&*kin dumb distracted people

So I was taking my pathy on my buddies trailer to one of my other buddies house who is going to let me use his shop to install my rocker guards and put my new bushings in; hauling it with my 1998 Chevy 2500 HD. I drop off my pathfinder and go to take my buddy his trailer back and got to his house and put my flashers on and was backing it into his driveway when some lady came speeding around the corner in a 97 Suburu outback and she hit the trailer head on and pushed it back 9 feet and moved my truck 2 ft. She just hit the trailer and not my truck which would of probably pissed me off more, but she tweaked the hell out of my buddies trailer and totalled her car; put the bumper in the dash. It turns out she didn't have insurance, because you do not have to have vehicle insurance in NH..... stupid law. Thankfully I have full coverage, there is no damage to my truck that I know of, I need to look at the reciever in the daylight and make sure it is ok, and will see what I can do about my buddies trailer. What a night, just glad nobody was hurt too bad and we all walked away; and that my pathy wasn't on the trailer. What a night.

198196_205353369491896_100000517027618_784987_2423235_n.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes

glad you're alright. how does it work there if she doesn't have insurance, can you sue for the damages? Would be kinda @!*% if you got stuck footing the bill (at least in terms of increased insurance premiums) because she didn't have insurance to cover it...

thats crap man . here in the uk insurance is law for all. and on my policy I have uninsured driver policy, just in case. ie my insurance pays me asap. and then sue the s##t out of the driver, I was rear ended onto my trailer and it bent my tow bar , but not my chassis thankfully.

nenook

Its a law here in WA, but its a 600$ fine I wish it had a week in jail added.

I got hit with wife and child in car by a f-150 going 60 mph a block from my house, like 10 yrs ago, I had uninsured motorist, but it was only 50k per person. Wife was in ICU for over a week, we lost our house and had to file bankruptcy. The Driver was only 17,and on a date with a chick showing off, the officers offered to file vehicular assault we declined. But after the bills came in, wish I had. Reason I'm saying this, even liability on his part would have helped us, Our insurance has uninsured to 250k now but well probably never be in another the bad accident again lol.

I got rear-ended in my Pathy by an uninsured motorist once, and at the time I wasn't carrying uninsured motorist coverage. Never again! I had to pay my deductible to have my Pathy fixed, which was $500. Total crap. I asked the insurance company if they would go after the guy to get my deductible back, and they honestly told me that it's not worth their time to do so, because those people never pay. So I was out $500. My only recourse was to try to recoup it from the guy himself. Luckily, the guy was a complete moron, and had used my cell phone to call his buddy to get a tow right after the accident. So even though he gave me a fake number, my dad and I tracked him down, and went to his house to threaten him. He paid me back the $500 in two $250 installments.

Sucks for you, glad everyones ok but people like that are part of the reason I have a job that's pretty secure. Don't look at it as me condoning it, I just have a different outlook

its crap though that honest hard working people like us, who pay their way in life, always seem to get fu@#^d over by indiscriminate a hole's, and the law, well lets not get into that one , it seems that although there is a big pond between us life isent that different .

nenook

Definitely a good thing no one was hurt!

its crap though that honest hard working people like us, who pay their way in life, always seem to get fu@#^d over by indiscriminate a hole's, and the law, well lets not get into that one , it seems that although there is a big pond between us life isent that different .

nenook

I couldn't agree with you more on this. I had my front bumper hit a few weeks ago when a guy ran a red when I was making a left hand turn. He noticed last second what he did and hit his brakes as did I but still hit me. I had my brother with me which I felt was my best witness, but insurance said I could not use him and the insurance told me the guy said in his police report that I ran the red (F@@@ing A@#hole) so i ended up having to pay my deductable. I had the guys phone # and reemed him out, unfortunately he is unlisted so I have no idea where he lives... Anyways gotta love how the A##holes of the world get away with it.

Well it doesn't look like there is any damage to my truck but my buddies trailer is pretty tweaked, waiting to hear back from my insurance to see if it would be covered since it was attached to my truck and I have full coverage. Most likely they would do what happened last time when I got rear ended, pay me and go after the lady. Just taking it easy because my back is hurting and my neck is sore.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

Definitely a good thing no one was hurt!

I couldn't agree with you more on this. I had my front bumper hit a few weeks ago when a guy ran a red when I was making a left hand turn. He noticed last second what he did and hit his brakes as did I but still hit me. I had my brother with me which I felt was my best witness, but insurance said I could not use him and the insurance told me the guy said in his police report that I ran the red (F@@@ing A@#hole) so i ended up having to pay my deductable. I had the guys phone # and reemed him out, unfortunately he is unlisted so I have no idea where he lives... Anyways gotta love how the A##holes of the world get away with it.

So no one else stopped to see if you were ok, and act like a witness? If not that is pretty screwed up as it lead to him getting away with it.

Back in my younger and dumber days I didn't have insurance, but after racking up a few no insurance tickets (550$ a piece) in a short period of time, I figured it would be best to get insurance! Luckily I have never caused, or been in, a bad accident. Have had quite a few close calls! A few of them with the s12 I picked up recently. Seems no one can see the damn thing and always trying to perform a reverse PITT maneuver!

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

So no one else stopped to see if you were ok, and act like a witness? If not that is pretty screwed up as it lead to him getting away with it.

Nope no one stopped, it was a busy intersection too, everyone just kept drivin by.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, that is what matters. The hell with sheet metal, it can be replaced. Sure it sounds like the lady is irresponsible both with her driving and her social responsibility (how the hell do you run into a trailer in a residential area hard enough to total your car??) but I blame the state for not making insurance manditory. People will usually try to get away with as little as possible...

B

how the hell do you run into a trailer in a residential area hard enough to total your car??

The same way you would total a Chevy Blazer by hitting a pathfinder in a residential area...(happed to me)

I'm glad nobody was hurt but that really sux. So your insurance it paying for the trailer and she is getting of Scot free? That is really messed up.