Basic Fabrication Skills?

Dowser

Hey all.

I'm just looking for someone who has a welder and knows how to use it to build me a Panhard Rod drop down bracket similar to the one in the photo. I haven't the time to try and measure, mock up or practice welding to make this for myself. It would need to accommodate a 3" lift. I checked with Calmini on the price of theirs that they sell with the Full suspension kit and I think they wanted around $75.00 + shipping which I think might be a little high but regardless of that, even if I did spend $40.00 for one it I wouldn't most likely buy it from them.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'm sure we can work out a price that seems acceptable to us both.

PanhardDropdownBracket.jpg

Edited by Dowser

Hey B. I've been digging thru the archives because I know you posted those plans up once AGES ago. I can't seem to find them. I'll keep sifting, but in the mean time, If its not too much trouble and you find them easy enough, think you could post them up here? If nothing else perhaps I could just hand them to someone local if no one on here wants to take a bite and see if I can get the job done for not too much.

I'll keep searching. I remember the thread too. a couple other people had put up their design ideas as well and there was even mention that the proper way to have the bracket made would be on the Axle side raising the mount up instead of lowering it from the frame If I recall correctly. At any rate... *continues searching*

*edit*

I think I found the thread where you posted the images,.... I think..... but of course they are long gone. :rant2: And I also found the thread mentioning about the axle mount being made higher instead.

Old Topic Turned New!

Axle mount raised.

Start digging would ya Precise. :whip::tongue:

Edited by Dowser

I'm pretty sure that hard drive fried on me, and I have no idea where it was hosted from. Oh well, I'll start over. No biggie, a few measurements and I'll CAD it up...

I keep forgetting that NPORA has a photo bucket account that all the tech stuff should be moved too. When I post it, I'll make sure to do that and remind everyone.

B

Thanks OldSlowReliable. I'd appreciate that for sure. If Precise does make another CAD mock up and posts it, I'll grab it and see what it would cost for a local to make one but until that time i'll take you up on the offer.

And Precise, it sure would be a great option for anyone that doesn't have the ability, tools, time, etc, to take a detailed model to take to someone local fab shop or welder and get them to make one up for themselves. I'm sure it would be WAY cheaper then what is offered out there for us now. On the other hand, I'm not sure if perhaps you'd rather make some coin since it would be your design.

Yes, that's why I'll do it. I was too busy stripping other parts today, but tomorrow I should wrap it up and be able to take the measurements again. Then it gets towed...

As for coin, I don't know how to weld (that would be the best fab method), nor do I have the time to deal with it now. When I post them, it is for anyone to use. :beer:

B

Here are the rough dimensions for a WD21 panhard drop bracket. The measurements were taken from the Calmini bracket. I will be making one for myself and one for Beastpath within the next few weeks. I will probably just go ahead and make 3 or 4. I was planning on selling them for $40-50.

Panhard_Drop_Bracket.jpg

i'd be interested in one as well. dowser, we could go splits on shipping and meet up somewhere in between :beer:

Absolutely. I drive down to the Niagara Region about once a month so it wont be any trouble. Not to mention I'd love to see you rig First hand. I'll try not to drool on all your stuff.

If I can fit them in a small USPS flat rate box it's $12. I went to the metal supply shop yesterday to pick up some stock. These will be done by the middle of March. If you guys don't mind cutting off or flattening the flared section on the bottom of the original bracket I will build them like the one in the picture in the first post. They could be done much quicker if that is the case. Otherwise there will be more pieces and a few more welding steps.

• 3 weeks later...

If I can fit them in a small USPS flat rate box it's $12. I went to the metal supply shop yesterday to pick up some stock. These will be done by the middle of March. If you guys don't mind cutting off or flattening the flared section on the bottom of the original bracket I will build them like the one in the picture in the first post. They could be done much quicker if that is the case. Otherwise there will be more pieces and a few more welding steps.

Actually, you'll probably end up having to pay more along the lines of $25 for shipping, as they are in canada.

Not too long ago I shipped a shackle kit to canada via flat rate box, and it was around 20-30 total...and no customs fees which saved alot of $

Actually, you'll probably end up having to pay more along the lines of $25 for shipping, as they are in canada.

Not too long ago I shipped a shackle kit to canada via flat rate box, and it was around 20-30 total...and no customs fees which saved alot of $

He said he was going to the us to pick them up