brightest headlights

shortysmash

ok so i searched but couldnt find anything current. without going the full hid conversion route what are the brightest/ whitest headlight bulbs out now. for the past few years i have used the silvania silverstar ultras in my pathy and have been pleased. But as it always happens i lost my driver low beam abut have highs so its time for some new ones. any suggestions

Honestly, I have Silverstars in my wides vechiles (as mine have non-H4 converted sealed beams in em) and with a properly aimed lense they please me well knowing she can see clearly. I'd personally stick with what you know, the old ain't broke-don't fix it philosophy :aok: (I know the irony being you have a "broke" bulb, but you get what I mean). Someone will be in soon though to suggest something better and tell me I'm 3 years in the past still :lol:

My personal favorites where the Piaa Etreme whites. I've used the silverstars, GE, and a few others but I still liked the PIAA best.

And heres a secret (unless they changed it) go to their site and buy 2 single bulbs (reasonably priced) because the 2pack actually cost more lol.

Aside from HIDs, i've also always used silverstars. Been happy with them and have usually gotten close to 2 years of use out of them until one goes out.

I'd like to give the PIAAs a shot too. What kind of life span do you get out of those, my1path?

silverstars the regular one not the gold. had them in my honda hatch, put them in my yota got the conversion h4, had them for 4+ years, my friend liked how bright they were and bought them for his car.only thing i sen that were also pretty bright were these purple case lights from napa that were white my friend but in his honda

I had PIAA extreme whites on my '98 and they were excelent. Really bright and almost completly white, with just the slightest hint on blue. The bulbs lasted well over two years (until the truck got wrecked...)

So, a few weeks ago I replaced the stock bulbs with PIAAs on my new (to me) '03, and my wife was so impressed with the difference she demanded I put them on her '05 Honda Pilot also. Turns out both the Pathy and the Pilot use the same type bulb...

I'd like to give the PIAAs a shot too. What kind of life span do you get out of those, my1path?

My PIAA's lasted quite some time 2 or 3 I think. Funny thing is they both failed at the exact same time.

I been running cheepo bulb lately but I'm due to get some PIAA's for both my pathys soon.

I have also been running silverstar for both my headlights and fog lights. I think they work great. Way better than stock. I assume that the PIAA's are very comparible. There is only so much light you can get out of the stock electric supply and headlight housing.

Silverstars are bright and cheap, but they fail often. My other cars have silverstars and Ive had a few burn up on me

Oem hid's with 6000k bulbs for the win

Silverstars are bright and cheap, but they fail often. My other cars have silverstars and Ive had a few burn up on me

Oem hid's with 6000k bulbs for the win

Now by oem hid are you talking about getting a hid conversion kit or did your pathy come with hid already

My personal favorites where the Piaa Etreme whites. I've used the silverstars, GE, and a few others but I still liked the PIAA best.

And heres a secret (unless they changed it) go to their site and buy 2 single bulbs (reasonably priced) because the 2pack actually cost more lol.

x2 on the PIAA

Now by oem hid are you talking about getting a hid conversion kit or did your pathy come with hid already

My R50 is a Qx4, factory hid

Ridiculous ammount of light when I use the auto adjustment and set it to full height, lights up EVERYTHING, never had to use my highbeams other than to flick people off :shiftyeyes:

I think I read somewhere that the US divison of sylvaina bases their bulbs off of a 12.5v load or something like that. The eropean divison (OSRAM Sylvania) makes there bulbs based off of 14v load or something like that.

The end result is in the US the blubls fail allot becasue vechle charging systems put out 13.5-15V depending on the Make.