Are these signs of a dying water pump?

WOT

Few things have lead me to believe I may need to replace the waterpump on my VQ35DE.

First I noticed my radiator doesnt seem to be evenly as hot to the touch, say I have the motor running from cold for 10 minutes, the upper rad hose is HOT, the lower rad hose is warm but not near as hot. I also noticed because I was feeling the finned area of the rad where my temp sensor probe is, that when I rev the engine to say 1500-2000rpm the finned area about 3" down from the upper rad neck goes from being able to be touched without feeling hurt, to burning hot and I have to take my hand off within 5 second of revving. Stop the revs, and the burning sensation goes away ( :sly: kinda funny )

I also noticed I dont have the greatest heat output at idle, compared to say cruising @ 2000rpm. Coolant level and overflow is fine, radiator/thermostat is new and the heatercore was flushed 2 seperate times this year.

So Im curious, are these signs of a failing pump @ 119k miles? Ive only had the truck for 35 but am unsure of its previous maintenace. DO they just "wear down" overtime, or is it a part that either functions 100% or not at all

Hard as hell to do?

Was fine last summer. Rad is only about a year old though, its not oem I got it off ebay it seems quite thin, but I dont recall if I compared it to the oem one or not.

I just dont like the fact how fast it seems to heat up in the fin area where my probe is right as I rev the engine, almost like the water isnt flowing all over the rad until I do so. I figured the heat would be even

The one thing you didn't mention was the radiator cap. Might be a good idea to check it out, especially if you have an eBay one on there. I don't suspect there is anything on the waterpump that will wear and decrease performance a significant amount. They might a slight bit but then usually will go out soon after.

If your not getting heat its either a thermostat problem or a clogged heater core / line. If the truck doesn't overheat, I wouldn't be to concerned.

Rad cap is new about 2 months ago, its a prestone unit from canadian tire, 13 pounds I believe

Am I wrong to think the finned area of the rad should be evenly heated even at idle?? I just dont get why it gets so hot so quick as soon as I rev the engine