Headlights

Reshma

My pathy has really dim headlights. Maybe there not aimed correctly but either way I'm looking to put LED's in my headlights. You know, the bright ones like in the new Audi's now a days. If some one can give me some advice. please and thank you.

1) Dim Headlights: This is the thread you want. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4945

2) LEDs in the headlights:

-Not a good idea. LEDs don't like heat, the WD21 runs 9004 halogen bulbs, these bulbs create heat.

-LEDs don't "throw" the light any meaningful distance (yet), and won't light up the road for you.

-LEDs look brighter when you look at them, as a receiver of the light.

This means that they are easier to see (from a distance) but don't project the light as far as a "regular" headlamp bulb.

3) Put a quality 9 led 168 (T-10) bulb in the side marker. I did that, it is super bright and it just, just fits in.

Turn power OFF when installing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-194-168-501-T10-9-SMD-White-5050-LED-Car-Light-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588c5fcb2fQQitemZ380312210223QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3228wt_980

Now, on my vintage bikes, I HAVE run LEDs in the headlights, because when you are dealing with a 50 year old, 6 volt, non-battery machine you really, really want the other drivers to see you! With a WD21, you should relay the headlights before you install fancy bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...

led's in the place of the 1157 bulbs for the brake lights and the turn signal lights looks way better than stock but they have to be of decent quality with some sort of resistor built in or they will blink fast but are fine for the brake lights i just ordered another set off ebay for my pathy after putting them in a friends