Front End Repairs

conor356

Weil, im new to this forum, but I've had my 1995 for exactly one year this friday and i really need to finish up the repairs on it, 6 months ago i stalled it out, and when i did, i hit a trailer hitch in front of me. I already paid to have the alignment fixed as well as a new headlight and corner light installed, now i just need to fix the rest, but im not quite sure which parts i need to replace so i figured i would ask.

CobsCar.jpg

photo.jpg

That doesn't look too bad. You obviously need a new bumper and fog light, which are cheap enough to replace.

Once you get the bumper off, you'll know more about any damage to the radiator support.

I looks like the grill might have been pushed up a bit...

What was wrong with the headlight and corner?

I'm going to take a wild guess....and say you could use a 93-95 front bumper! :fish:

I wouldn't try to salvage what you have, but instead either buy it off rock auto or a junkyard, cause although the frame mounts are probably fine, I'd wager the bumper brackets are atleast somewhat bent...

then I think it'll look like new!

ok so a new bumper, a new right-side fender, fog light,bumper valance, and bumper corner...and what are the plastic mounts holding the fog lights called

I don't know what they are called, but I have a new set in the garage from when I damaged my first pathy. Odds are that you don't have to replace them, they'll bolt in straight in the new bumper...

B

do you think the fender flare and the wheel well cover will do the same? because they both seem bent as well

I think the grille is pushed up because it appears in the picture the bumper is pushed up against it, don't think you will need new bumper mounts, even if they are bent they are real easy to straighten out.

the fender flares are very flexible as long as it isn't actually torn, same with the inner fender, the lower valance you don't even need to put back on it doesn't look terrible without it.

here's my 94 without it:

eia1k0.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Front bumper... I'd either bug someone parting out here or hit up a junk yard that way you can get brackets and all in one shot, it don't take much to tweak one and make your bumper sit crooked which I would guess is a concern of yours if your worried about the way the flare looks... The different year wd21 bumpers DO interchange as well, just look a little different and you have to make sure you have the brackets that match the year of the bumper. As for the lower valance, it's metal on the 93-95 wd21s and on the 87-92 it's the same material as the flares and flows as a "continuation" of the flares (which I prefer). I honestly don't like the "no valance" look on wd21s... Lookin at the bottom of the rad support looks unfinished and half-fast to me (opinion). You basicly "need" all cosmetics and honestly if I were you I would proably live with most of it and save for buying/building a REAL front bumper instead of the tinny POS we have stock. As usually said by B, if you value you Pathy, upgrade your bumpers!

Awesome grill! Where's that come from? :ohmy:

I bought that grille from my old job (4x4 shop in NY) about 20 years ago for my 87 Hardbody, never seen another Nissan with one, currently looking for a replacement light, they are made by Carello, hard to find at a reasonable price. I did the hardbody headlight swap just so I could use that grille.

I bought that grille from my old job (4x4 shop in NY) about 20 years ago for my 87 Hardbody, never seen another Nissan with one, currently looking for a replacement light, they are made by Carello, hard to find at a reasonable price. I did the hardbody headlight swap just so I could use that grille.

It looks like a modified 86 HB 4x4 grill, which is what I just bought for mine. Those integrated lights are sweet.

I think yours is the first front end that I've truly envied. Very nice.

easy,just don't over tighten those 10mm bolts on the fender they snap easy, and there are 2 bolts you need to remove with the door open in case you didn't already see them, and should be one under the wiper cowl

• 3 weeks later...

well i managed to remove the old bumper and fender, only problem is, i lost the 2 screws that mount the foglight & turn signal assembly to the bumper...i know that they are a hex bit screw..but where can i find more? do you think lowes hardware would care them, and maybe 10 mm nuts and bolts?

carry.

Possibly, but what do you mean by "lost". Did you look very hard for them, or just say "fskc-it, I'll buy more"... 'cause that doesn't often work with metric vehicles.

You can usually get little hardware like that from a junkyard for free. I'd recommend stocking up if you make a run.