Door Lock/Factory Alarm Issue

silverton

So, I think I have an electrical gremlin that I would like to fix before I sell the truck.

The factory alarm does not work, and I've swapped out alarm brains, dunno if the "new" one works or not but it's doing the same exact thing as the old one.

Basically the LED on the alarm switch will flicker, mostly while the key is on, and it will lock and unlock the doors at random. When it locks the doors, the LED will stay lit, not full brightness like it was armed, but a half brightness, and it won't let me relock the doors til the light goes out.

Hoping someone else out there has had and resolved this issue!

my old pathfinder and my new one have the same problem i was told a new door lock timer located in the rear panel in the back will fix the raondom door lock and to fix the blinking light was to check the soders inside the security box under one of the seats and also check the connections. I was not able to do all of this before the tbelt broke in the truck but i heard that will fix those problems.

• 2 weeks later...

So today I spent some time on it. My XE has everything working. So I swapped the door lock timer and the alarm brain over. no change, and everything STILL worked in my XE after putting the timer/brain from the SE in it.

so I'm still stumped. I'll have to drive the SE some to see if the door locks are still possessed, but the alarm still does not work.

I've not had this problem so I don't know first hand but I remember quite a few threads about similar issues. IIRC 5235Pathfinder wrote a comprehensive troubleshoot guide and it is pinned.

Damn, now I have to go look to see if I can find it.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=19755&st=0&p=338812&hl=entry&fromsearch=1entry338812

B

Edited by Precise1
found it

• 4 weeks later...

So, I think I have an electrical gremlin that I would like to fix before I sell the truck.

The factory alarm does not work, and I've swapped out alarm brains, dunno if the "new" one works or not but it's doing the same exact thing as the old one.

Basically the LED on the alarm switch will flicker, mostly while the key is on, and it will lock and unlock the doors at random. When it locks the doors, the LED will stay lit, not full brightness like it was armed, but a half brightness, and it won't let me relock the doors til the light goes out.

Hoping someone else out there has had and resolved this issue!

Have you considered just taking out the factory alarm and installing a new aftermarket one? My factory alarm didnt work so I installed an aftermarket one in the same place. All the wires are conveniently located under the drivers seat. You can unplug the wire harness from the factory alarm brain and used the wires to connect the new alarm. Be sure to locate and connect the ignition kill wires. They are the two wires separate from the main wire harness, otherwise you won't be able to start the car.

Edited by cbr900boy

• 4 months later...

I fixed this today. It was the two inline fuses on the Red and Red/white wires. They probably blew about the same time the room fuse did when the stereo was installed by the previous crackhead owner. But now I have an issue where the siren does not sound but the horn honks. I will have to grab one from a junkyard or something to see if it's the siren itself.