1994 pathy lift project

Matt94pathy4x4

I have a 4x4 pathfinder 1994 As many of you Are aware it is very hard to find a large lift kit Because of the IFS I would like to know what all of you have done or know would work in achieving more travel in the suspension when four wheeling and what not. I am looking to increase lift a little bit but I'm mist concerned with being able to achieve the maximum flex possible. Any suggestions?

The most cost-effective change for increasing flex is to disconnect the sway bars, especially the rear one. Disconnecting the front helps, but not as much as for the rear. Stick with 10.5" wide tires so they tuck properly. Any wider and the tires will rub without major body mods. Use the stock front torsion bars since they are lower rate and will be more amenable to flexing, unless you are planning on installing a winch. Then you will need the stiffer torsion bars. 33s work fine with a 3" suspension lift, but any bigger than that and you'll need some sort of body lift which generally will cause more hassles than it fixes, IMHO.

Thanks alot rj! That's all I needed to know. Just had to ask the right question. And nunya? I couldn't find anything similiar to my question or anything that would help me. They created the forum for a reason. Thank you though

Just an opinion here, but our trucks have a short wheel-base and being so they are allot less likely to high-center or get hung up on obasacles. So 3" lift goes allot farther then it would on a full size pickup.

Now a full size pickup having such a wide wheel base could easily get hung up on the sharp crest at the top of a climb or little knolls that fit between the front and rear wheels and thus 6" or even 8" lift may be needed to avoid high-centering an obsacle that a pathy would be able to plant 3 or even 4 tires on and never get near the frame.

Bottom line if you need more lift and flex than 3" lifted IFS can offer then you should be thinking about a SAS.

Edited by MY1PATH