What kind of rear diff do I have?

trenton163

okay this might be a stupid question but I am planing on changing my rear diff oil, but when I looked in my haynes repair manual it says "H190" or "C200". I have a 92 pathfinder 4wd. Could someone please tell me what kind of diff I have or how to find out?

Thanks

For 1991, my FSM says all 4wd pathfinders had H233B rear diffs. Same with 2wd pathfinders. 4wd hardbody (truck) with 4 cyl engines had C200, 2wd hardbody with 4 cyl had H190A and 6 cyl hardbody had H233B. I think that's all the combinations.

So, if 1992 is the same as 1991 you should have H233B.

For 1991, my FSM says all 4wd pathfinders had H233B rear diffs. Same with 2wd pathfinders. 4wd hardbody (truck) with 4 cyl engines had C200, 2wd hardbody with 4 cyl had H190A and 6 cyl hardbody had H233B. I think that's all the combinations.

So, if 1992 is the same as 1991 you should have H233B.

Unless it was an import with a 4cyl, it has the H233b.

Most gear oils already has the lsd additive added to them. At least the napa brand does.

Go with any decent 75w-90 and your fine. If your in a really hot area or tow a lot a then a 75-140 or so would suit you better.

yea read some bottles at the parts store tonight...some said for top off only in LSD and others said they were ok for LSD use