Brake booster or master cylinder

trenton163

So I am leaking brake fluid and it looks like it is coming out between the master cylinder, and the brake booster. Is there any way of know what I need to replace? Is there a gasket inbetween? I will try to upload a pic later. Thanks.

So I am leaking brake fluid and it looks like it is coming out between the master cylinder, and the brake booster. Is there any way of know what I need to replace? Is there a gasket inbetween? I will try to upload a pic later. Thanks.

I too have a leak of some level there...I summed it up to a worn out seal between the two, and will replace it when the time comes.

If it is either one needing replacing, I'd assume it to be the master cylinder, as opposed to the booster

Master cylinder is leaking. There are rebuild kits you can get for the mc

agreed, leaky MC is like a leaky WP...it's telling you there's a problem

I wouldn't bother re-builing the MC. It's easier and probably about the same cost to buy a rebuilt unit. And there is NO seal or gasket between the MC and the brake booster.

I just looked at this...$40 for a rebuild kit and $80 for a reman or $90 for a new

Be sure to check the booster while you have the MC out of it, make sure that you clean and brake fluid from it, or it will rust and fail quickly also.

Good advice...I filled one up before and i've also seen one where the weep hole got clogged and it filled the booster and was sucking brake fluid into the intake...brake fluid burns white and stinks god awful bad...i randomly found it by disconnecting every vacuum line on his truck one at a time since it wasn't running bad