Recommendations for fixing hole in wheel well

Punkfinder

I just repaired a hole in my driver side floor with some sheets of tin, but as you can see from the pic, the tin is now protruding out of my wheel well. This is the view from just behind my front driver-side wheel; you can see my frame just below the hole.

dec120100021.jpg

Up here in the salt-belt of Ontario, Canada, my tires will be spraying sand, salt, and slush into this hole, so I need to fix it. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to cover this hole and keep all the crap out? Maybe some kind of tar-based coating...? I just need something that will get me through the winter and then I can do a more thorough repair in the Spring.

Thanks

Edited by Punkfinder

Go to an auto body supply place and get some seam sealer. You can get it in tubes (that go in a caulking gun) or in a can that you can brush on. It's meant to finish off welded floors but it should keep you dry until spring. Put some on the inside and outside of the truck.

Go to an auto body supply place and get some seam sealer. You can get it in tubes (that go in a caulking gun) or in a can that you can brush on. It's meant to finish off welded floors but it should keep you dry until spring. Put some on the inside and outside of the truck.

Yup do that then after it is somewhat dry, go to Canadian Tire and get a can of Rocker Guard and spray it. That will seal it good and protect the sealant and metal.

The rust is going to be into the metal a good bit past the edge from the looks of it. The seam sealer might get you by but I would cut the rust out and hit the area with a wire brush or grinder to clean it up then slap a few layers of fiberglass on it.