engine swap

tony92path

There is a thread around here somewhere that was basically a write up on how to install a 3.3L motor from a 96-2000 pathfinder. It's a pretty much bolt in swap that will get you 20 more hp and even better if its a low mileage one.

the 3.3 (vg33e) really puts life back into the old pathfinders. they are found in r50 pathfinders, frontiers and xterras...

BUT ALL THIS HAS BEEN COVERED BEFORE!!!

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, or better yet use google to search this site. (site specific search under advanced on google)

my1path. Dont be a SEARCH NATZI. Get over yourself. Some people dont know any better and need a little help. No need to "all caps" someone

Try being an asset to the site ( like learning the simple forum rules) before attempting to correct (while incorrectly spelling) and tell proven members who contribute ALOT of tech and good info. Engine swaps have been discussed many times over and some questions that DO get asked regulary irk some people. The OP was given a strait forward answer already and has to do a little footwork on his own to get the whole writeup.

On tha note, OP check some of the overseas members truck. Some of them do some neat swaps as well (I think there's a couple with GM engines in them)

Tony you already asked a question in another thread specifically about a VG33.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=28473&st=0&p=540203&fromsearch=1entry540203

this is the other post(I am new to this..i have a 92 pathfinder with a 3.0l..junk..i want to put a bigger motor in it.I have been looking allover here and there alot of talk about VG30 and VG33.what are they out of?i cant figure them out.. TKS in advance.)I dont see in this thread anything asked about how to swap....but i guess u see some thing that i dont.i was trying to find out what one i have.

Ok, you have a 92 WD21 that has a 3.0l motor, that makes it the VG30 which is not junk, it is actually quite a good, reliable motor. It simply doesn't have tremendous power (155 HP new IIRC). The VG33 is the younger, bigger brother with 10% more displacement and a few other minor changes (oil filter location, larger exhaust studs, etc), making something like 170HP. Other than a few brackets, etc it is almost a direct swap, putting all the WD21 components on the R50 motor. Now, install a decent intake and headers/exhaust and you should have adequate HP. Remember the VG motor is about reliability not maximum power...

B

Ok, you have a 92 WD21 that has a 3.0l motor, that makes it the VG30 which is not junk, it is actually quite a good, reliable motor. It simply doesn't have tremendous power (155 HP new IIRC). The VG33 is the younger, bigger brother with 10% more displacement and a few other minor changes (oil filter location, larger exhaust studs, etc), making something like 170HP. Other than a few brackets, etc it is almost a direct swap, putting all the WD21 components on the R50 motor. Now, install a decent intake and headers/exhaust and you should have adequate HP. Remember the VG motor is about reliability not maximum power...

B

Summed it up all in one.But it wont be a stump puller,adequate HP is a personal topic.Many of us find that the vg30 makes decent hp,although there are a few that find it doesnt.

There are a few on here that have transplanted a 4.3 chevy in there wd21 and one or two that are currently doing small block swaps.I for one would say the 3.3 swap would make enough power for a wd21,around 200 hp with the above methion modes.

Now it wont have the grunt off idle like,say a 400 ford(which at 4500rpm your getting ready to blow up) but it will move out better then even a heavly modded 3.0.And when I say heavly modded I mean cams,head porting,ehaust and intake.

For more on this topic I'd say check out the members rides and Hardcore sections.

Edited by nismothunder

x2 not to mention that VG in the race car has a rev limit of 10,000RPM and I think it pulls all its shifts between 6,500 and 9,000.

Thats right, the driver changes gears at higer RPMS than the stock pathy rev-limeter will allow...

And even in that car it is said to have a bullet proof bottom end wich brings us back to reliability...

Lastly, that car is about 1/3 the wieght of a pathy...

Edited by MY1PATH