Tire Carrier Noise

My tire carrier has started making a rattling/shuddering noise when going down the road. So yesterday i looked at it and the bushings on the end where it swivels appear to be loose does the sound like something fixable or is there any other ways?? :shrug: i dont wanna remove the tire carrier for good so i'd like to fix it then reinstall it

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent $65 for a junk-yard but perfect-condition 1994 tire carrier.  The original was badly beaten up.  Thick layers of duct tape and small stick held in place with a tiny bungee cord prevented the tire carrier from banging around.  It was funky.

I lubricated initially with Krown Rust preventative, and then added white lithium grease using an aerosol can.  I'll be adding more lithium grease to the pins and other moving parts over the next few weeks.

Any suggestions on maintaining the tire carriers?

The easiest solution is to locate the rattle reduction knob located on your dash below the center air vents. This is obviously out of calibration so you will need to drive down a bumpy road and gradually turn the knob clockwise until you can no longer hear the rattle.

The easiest solution is to locate the rattle reduction knob located on your dash below the center air vents. This is obviously out of calibration so you will need to drive down a bumpy road and gradually turn the knob clockwise until you can no longer hear the rattle.

Nice....