Thought of the Day 2

5523Pathfinder

It will be even scarier when they start paying walmart employees with those cards instead of real money...(Probably with slightly more $$$ if you opt for the card)

Is that even legal... Oh wait, we're talking about walmart here.

Old mining towns used to do it, they would pay the workers with company money that was only good at the company store, etc. If its legal now today, I'm sure a powerhouse like Walmart can figure a out.

:offtopic:

Yep, lots of logging company's used to pay workers with coins only good at the company store... Those are VERY valuable now if you can find them. Metal detecting in old logging/mining camps that were abandoned is the best way to find them. They are pretty rare.

I wonder how you would pay rent and the electric bill with a walmart card. lmao :scratchhead:

I agree, I agree I agree. I do have one thing to say about WAl-Mart. I live in the middle of 5 (yes FIVE) Wal-marts. They are becoming so big that they demand that any high crime rated neighborhood (aka section 8) be torn down and a new built up. The city was quick to do it here (I never seen anything like it before, was amzing how fast it happened). So, crime dropped because of it in that area. Then theres the bad side...all those people moved in my neighborhood. Argh!! Such a powerful company to be able to make cities move that way. Is that not what America was against when we declared ourselves independent from England? And now it's happening in the business world.

Old reliable stuff? I have a 4 year old phone. I got a LCD TV used from 2005 that had a bad PSU. Fixed it, works fine now. No cable. Don't need it. House was built in 1942 when they used REAL 2x4's (not 2x4's that measure 1-5/8 x 3-5/8 and don't hold up when you need them). I also buy from local hardware stores, go to the farmers market every saturday (love fresh food, especially grass fed beef thats been aged..yumm). I pay about a 7% premuim on a lot of items, but better to pay upfront than to pay more down the line, right?

I'm also for changing the 14th amendment. Oh I am so for it. Why am I paying tax dollars to give welfare to a person who is not a legal citizen, but had the incentive (because thats what the 14th amendment is basically) to come over, have a kid, and be granted the right to stay because the child is a citizen? No, I don't like it.

I could go on and on...Like why we spend an average of $200,000 to keep ONE person in jail, yet only spend about $8,000 to send a kid to grade school? Is that right? No. We waste money on stuff the 'high up' folk think is important to us. I don't want to pay for that inmates college education, or pay for him to watch TV, or hear him complain about prison food so we pay more for better food for them. WTF?

OK, I'll stop why I'm ahead. These are things wrong with our economy. Money in the wrong places. Invest in small businesses, not give big companies tax breaks for taking their work away...

Jose

:offtopic:

Yep, lots of logging company's used to pay workers with coins only good at the company store... Those are VERY valuable now if you can find them. Metal detecting in old logging/mining camps that were abandoned is the best way to find them. They are pretty rare.

I wonder how you would pay rent and the electric bill with a walmart card. lmao :scratchhead:

You can pay your electric and gas bills at the local Kroger grocery stores here, I'm sure you can at Wal Mart, Giant Eagle and Meijer also.

Yeah, any old company issued tokens are rare, mostly mining ones in this area. Hmmm, gives me ideas for metal detecting locals, as I know where a few old coal towns/mines are that aren't very populated any more.

I know that Walmart "provides" dormitories for Chinese factory workers, and the rent comes out of their pay check whether they live there or not.

If anything I blame the greed and evil that blooms in the human soul.

I fear big government almost as much as I fear big corporations. Personally I don't think that donations to political associations should come from corporations *cough Haliburton *cough* either, but hey, the more I learn about things the more ignorant I become.

My former room mate worked for Walmart. Tried explaining the evil to him, but well, suffice to say he fit their demographic of an American employee. Ever changing hours, crappy benefits, and at the end of the day he still spent his grocery money at his store. Never mind that the employee owned grocery store (Winco) was on his way home.