D21 Truck for sale

dhardison

I spotted this truck on craigslist and it's about an hour from me taking the back roads. It's 7:45 am on Sunday and I woke up thinking about it first thing. I can't let it go, I've just got to go look in person. A weird optioned XE with v-6, 4x4, chrome bumpers, buckets, console, crank windows! good color, 139,000 miles, what's not to like. We'll the price, but that can be negotiated. If the ac works and the belt service has been done and it's as rust free as it looks in these crappy craigslist pics it's almost worth it. At least it's not a 4 banger bench seat 2 wheel drive which is all i ever see for sale these days.

Just posting to let you know I'm still crazy and afflicted with Nissan Datsun sickness that wants me to collect old Nissan cars and trucks. Now where could I get a $4000 unsecured loan? lol

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ctd/2021965965.html

weird optioned XE

if theres anythign you should have learned around here it's that there is no such thing as a "normal" optioned anythign when it comes to Nissan trim packages...

I spotted this truck on craigslist and it's about an hour from me taking the back roads. It's 7:45 am on Sunday and I woke up thinking about it first thing. I can't let it go, I've just got to go look in person.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/ctd/2021965965.html

So I went and looked they were closed of course but I didn't want to deal with any car salesman that's why I looked on Sunday.

The Good:

This was the most rust free unmolested truck I have seen in a long long time. It's almost unbelievable. Every bolt nut washer seals bushings heat shields muffler converter all the frame are all just like it left the factory and rust free. It looks like a 50k truck under there.

No oil leaks at all even the rear main is dry.

It's so pure it's still got the factory cassette and speakers.

The Bad:

The tires are shot.

The rear shocks are original and shot.

From the rotors it looks like it needs a complete brake job.

Both interior door panels are torn.

The part I can't get past is what some IDIOT decided to do to fix what looked like peeling clearcoat. I guess their plan was to tape the truck along the v in the body crease and paint the top half of the truck. This would have been okay except they decided to freehand tape the factory splash decals off instead of removing them. Now there is a distinct thick line of paint that's already starting to peel away from the decal. Of course the parts of the decal that are on the lower part of the door from the v crease down are like they are supposed to be on top of the factory paint.

It's really a shame this truck deserves to be striped and painted but I'm no painter and it probably cost 2000 for a decent paint job these days.

It was a nice cool fall morning for back-road trip in the z and always good to see any old Japanese anything that's not eaten up with rust so it was worth the trip.

Edited by dhardison

holy heep jeep,yo!!2000 for a decent paint job?Are you painting it your self?Paint is insanly exspensive now for anything but lachor.

I meant to just strip the top half back off and remove the decals then repaint just the top. It would have worked the way they did it and it wouldn't look bad with just the splash on the lower doors and bed below the crease. I just don't know why they thought it was better to badly tape off and paint over the decals like they did. It probably took as much time to do that as it would have taken to grind them off to the metal.

Looks to be in very good shape.

I find the price a bit expensive though. Though that all depends on your location.

There was a SWEET 95 D21 for sale around here lately. Truck body was all original with excellent paint and even the original decals were prefect. Guy had installed a 2inch lift with some 32's. Nothing major, but it sat really nice. Was the 4x4, V6, SE with electric windows/doors and working AC. Guy was asking $2000obo. Would have bought it if I had the money. Was such a sweet looking truck. Thought I saved the pictures, but I can't find them, so I guess I didn't :(

Yeah good paint jobs are very expensive these days. I was quoted $4000 to repaint my hardbody. I did it myself and it cost about $1000 with all the paint and supplies. Not as nice of a job as a professional, but good enough for me ;)

That is nice.....except for the automatic. I died inside a little :new576: ...kinda wish I had gotten one of these instead of the R50...but passenger comfort does cross my mind from time to time...must be nice having a frame though :P