Suggestion for the How-to forum

XSrcing

I was scouring through the how-to forum and noticed that in a lot of the threads, the pictures are no longer there because the original host was changed or deleted. This can cause confusion, especially when the post tells the reader to refer to the now non-existent picture.

I think when a thread is moved to that section, the pictures in the thread should be re-hosted on the NPORA server instead of a 3rd party host.

Edited by XSrcing

Agreed and some have been done. Basically, some of the staff needs to go through the threads and rehost (if possible), but we don't always have the time. We have an account set up already but good point, we need to get on it. I'll try to do one a day...

B

To add to what Precise1 said, we have done some of them. We've even taken new pics to replace old missing ones, but some of those pics are long gone and are no longer around to rehost elsewhere :aok:

In those cases we nee to come up with new pics to insert in posts where the originals have been deleted. However, some of the pics are not so easily duplicated.

When you see one missing, let us know (but please do not flood us with pic requests.. like B said, we only have so much time on our hands ;) )

I just got a message about a thread the other week...no clue if it was in the how to or not but it was in regards to a repair i've done before i got a photobucket account and now car domain doesn't allow you to post pictures from their webpage or they changed the link formats so it comes back with bad links