Fresh Meat - Another R50?

Manifesto

Soooooooo with the '92 Pathy causing more and more headaches, and spending more time in pieces in the garage than buried frame deep in the mud where it should be, I'm starting to think about setting it aside for a while.

While browsing some local used cars, I found this

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1997-Nissan-Pathfinder-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ230501937

Perhaps it's time for me to kill another R50? Hmmmmm.... =D

It "needs new front and rear suspension"

I agree, not being used to factory ride height anymore since my WD21....

I'm thinking 4x4parts.com should have something... how much lift do these things need to fit 33" tires? :scratchhead:

Thanks boys (and maybe Pezzy if she chimes in) for any feedback :beer:

Well, don't ditch the WD21 but an R50 is a good addition. I'd buy it that cheap if nothing else is wrong with it!! (rare 5 speed)

That said, how big tires can I fit on my Pathfinder?? P...

Head to the R50 section and :search:

B

01silvapathy (or something like that... Sorry man) did a write up on how to fit 33" tires with the 2" lift. Generally, the lift allows for 32" tire.

Up until recently, the only available lift is the 2" lift, either from AC, or the OME lift coils.

There are a few guys running a custom Subframe Drop lift (SFD), which will give you some more height... check the vendor section, as there is a company there who just started to fab these.

And don't kill the R50. It hurts my heart.

Two is better than one ;)

Never know when the zombies will hit and you need another truck!

Good price and a great reason to give it some lift. I would buy it at that price.

01silvapathy (or something like that... Sorry man) did a write up on how to fit 33" tires with the 2" lift. Generally, the lift allows for 32" tire.

Up until recently, the only available lift is the 2" lift, either from AC, or the OME lift coils.

There are a few guys running a custom Subframe Drop lift (SFD), which will give you some more height... check the vendor section, as there is a company there who just started to fab these.

And don't kill the R50. It hurts my heart.

Thread on the 33's: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24306

I am not a fan of the SFD. Put on the 4x4parts lift and a bit of trimming and you will be all set ;)

Sooooooo I went and looked at her today. Definitely going to need struts all around. lol Real bouncy... kinda like driving a water bed xD

Besides a bunch of surface rust on the body and a bunch of dents everywhere (probably would have looked like that anyway after first week of me owning it), it looks in good shape. Interior is really clean and drive train feels, sounds, and looks really strong.

Heavy sweat on the front diff, but that doesn't really phase me. Steering is even tight and on center!

Think a 2" lift from AC

some sanding, grinding and spray bombing and it'll be a nice rig again :)

P.S. guy even dropped the price by $300 (sooo $1200.. Canadian... :P )

Edited by Manifesto

• 4 weeks later...

Alright lads (and Pezzy) I now have my sights set on another vehicle

Still an R50 chassis, but this one's a '98 QX4

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1998-Infiniti-QX4-SUV-W0QQAdIdZ236716708

More pricey (for me anyway) vs the '96 path I was looking at, and it's an automatic *sigh*

but, it looks like it's in top condition and I won't have to worry about anything if I pick it up

on my way to look at it now =)

I'll be back on the road in a pathy yet XD

more I dug, the more I found things I didn't like with it :/

argh, and the guy withe QX4 sold while I was on my way to see it

*sigh* but I found myself something else

(no hate please, found in FAR to good condition for the price to pass up)

'98 Chevy 2500 Ext Cab. 2wd auto with a 6.5L Turbo Diesel under the hood

since it's 2wd I won't be tempted to build it into a trail truck lol I'm still using my WD21 for that

and this truck will be able to tow the pathy to and from the trails next year too :)

or I might flip it and get another, newer, R50. No idea yet, but I'm kind of getting addicted to the turbo spool in this truck xD

I should hope so, lol your American military uses them in all your 5 ton armoured HMMWVs

Good enough for them, good enough for me

It's not without it's flaws though, and I've already got a shopping list put together to make this motor bullet-proof (basically turn it into the AM General 6500 'Optimizer' that is the final update of the motor released in 2000 and still being produced)

*ramble ramble*

ANYWAY, yes, I'm loving the truck lol but I'd still love to find one that's 4x4 someday xD