Bumper/brush bar options?

MudSlug

I have a '95 Pathfinder. I have been looking around at front bumper or brush guard options, and there is not much out there. I would like something that could mount a winch. The ARB bumpers are not available any more, and are hideously expensive anyways. So what do I do? Go custom fab? That would probably be just as expensive as an ARB. Any suggestions?

You can get the ARB for the Hardbody and modify the mounts a little, KMA (??) makes bumpers but they can be slow or have communication issues from what I have heard. Try to find a used bumper (one in Colorado but you have to buy the whole truck). Slim pickings, my friend... :shrug:

B

It's either custom or modify one for a different truck (Toyota or Jeep). If you don't care much for looks, you can hit up Harbor Freight or your local Tractor and Supply and buy a universal which plate, some 2x2 or 2x4, some plate, and get some of your welding buddies to put you one together for cheap. Majority of the after market bumpers tie into your factor tow hook holes and sometimes factor bumper brackets.

Ok, I'm waiting on you now... :tongue:

B

Thursday will reveal how much work is in store...from rough calculations i'm expecting to enlarge the existing bumper pass through holes on the body...also the front cross member will need some adapter plate and possibly some trimming and welding on it...the bumper isnt made for trucks with body lifts on it so i suspect some issues with that...I also think I will have to cut the toyota bumper and widen it by 1/4" or so...modification to mount the winch and to get the roller fairlead mounted

If I need a lot of steel it'll be a month or so before I get it on b/c the next 3 weekends are filled up...I actually have to fix another compression rod bushing this week before wheeling on Sat...so no promises on anything before Thanksgiving but it will be a lot faster than those measurements i've been waiting on :new576:

Heres what i'm shooting for:

0803-0003-225.jpg

image_2119.jpg