PS line

LostNcrRanger

Hey guys,

Blew a metal power steering line in my '91. I'm broke,so paying the $200 for a new one is completely out of the question. I have a few options i'd like to know about.

1. Replacing the entire assembly with rubber hose

2. Having the metal section bent by a shop that bends brake lines

Has anyone tried anything like that before?

I'm broke

Let me make that minor caviate easier to read for you.

how about finding someone who is parting out their truck and buying that one.

I'd suggest hitting up the local pick and pull junkyard or like said ^^^^. Not sure if hose and clamps will hold under pressure.

my local Pick-N-pull guy wants $30 for them, and i'd like to keep this to an absolute minimum in the monetary department. So,Shipping is out, and so is buying a new one.

What i suppose i'd really like to know is not so much "can i" but "Is it possible to" have the metal line bent by a shop that bends brake lines? It doesn't seem that much larger. Has anyone tried it?

Let me make that minor caviate easier to read for you.

my local Pick-N-pull guy wants $30 for them, and i'd like to keep this to an absolute minimum in the monetary department. So,Shipping is out, and so is buying a new one.

What i suppose i'd really like to know is not so much "can i" but "Is it possible to" have the metal line bent by a shop that bends brake lines? It doesn't seem that much larger. Has anyone tried it?

you'll spend more on the labor at the shop than you would at the pick and pull ..... I understand being broke but unless the shop is going to do it for free your probably better off saving the 30 bucks and getting the part from pick n pull. Good luck man

NAPA can probably make one for $10-$15

That's what i wanted to hear. Now to go pull the buggers out. i can get 2 new ones for the price of 1 old one from the pick and pull!

you'll spend more on the labor at the shop than you would at the pick and pull ..... I understand being broke but unless the shop is going to do it for free your probably better off saving the 30 bucks and getting the part from pick n pull. Good luck man

While this is true, I also have a flaring kit.