heater core

tsailor21

hi all i was wondering if any one has replaced their heater core and if the could guide me through doing it myself i can doo pretty much any thing so if i had the how to info thats all i really need so thanks in advance tj

never done it but I would say start by running fresh water thru your system so if you spill your not spilling coolant on your carpet. Then get the job done quick because you don't want your engine sitting for too many days without any rust inhibitors(found in coolant) to protect it.

Nope, it was fun though... only thing still in the car was the steering column. Surprised I didn't take a picture of that... I take pictures of everything.

sweet so it sounds like its going to be an all day job so is it ok to just bypass the heater core for a few days? you know just loop the hoses till i have time to rip the whole thing apart

let me know thanks

Edited by tsailor21

sweet so it sounds like its going to be an all day job so is it ok to just bypass the heater core for a few days? you know just loop the hoses till i have time to rip the whole thing apart

let me know thanks

Short term yes it is fine.