89 sentra won't start need help

ahardb0dy

89 Nissan Sentra won't start, it will crank, fuel pump is working, sprays fuel into the throttle body, has spark, not my car trying to help someone, I suggested checking the plug wires were in the right place on the distributor cap and to check the timing, any other ideas?

I doubt it's a timing problem, unless something jumped out of the motor and jumped 180 degrees. Even with the timing off, it'll run.

Even though it has spark, it may not be hot enough to make the engine run. Is it a hot, blue spark or is it a dull yellow?

the guy I'm trying to help replied with this,

"yep timing is perfect, all spark plugs in correct spots on the dizzy and all sparking"

I just asked about the color of the spark, I realize this is a pain as this person is on another forum but appreciate the help, the other forum doesn't have as much volume of people reading it and I'm just trying to help him get his car running, figured someone on here would be able to help, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

problem solved, it was the fuel pump relay, when you first turned the key on the relay would come on and you would hear the pump prime, than a minute later it would prime again, the owner swapped the relay and car runs fine.