New! Looking for some off road fun!

Hey guys! I just found you guys. I just bought a new (used) 95 XE last week. I've taken in out back up a big hill in my neighborhood and have never had more fun in a car in my life. Its really thrilling. I want to get into this but its a pretty much stock vehicle. The only thing i got is wrangler tires and some skid plates under neath front and back (don't know if it comes stock or not). Im really looking forward to making this an off road beast. Where should i start as far as upgrades and trails near the denver area that a kid like me can start off on? Thanks guys!!

Best upgrade is the driver... Get out and learn your truck! Then you mod around you, not try to work around an addition that hinders your skills. Plenty of people abuse basicly stock trucks around here just for the simple fact thats all some situations need :aok: (and they can take a whoopin from the get-go)

Welcome!!

Nunya has basically steered you correctly. Don't try to make it a RoK KrawleR from day 1, rather play around and learn what stock can get you through and how to drive it. I'm pretty sure this alone will surprise you, it does almost everyone else... ;)

If you want to talk about upgrades, the most useful/cost effective ones are a 'poor mans lift' (see suspension lift in the Garage section), good tires and perhaps LSD rear swap (or locker install) if you have an open differential.

;)

B

Hey guys! I just found you guys. I just bought a new (used) 95 XE last week. I've taken in out back up a big hill in my neighborhood and have never had more fun in a car in my life. Its really thrilling. I want to get into this but its a pretty much stock vehicle. The only thing i got is wrangler tires and some skid plates under neath front and back (don't know if it comes stock or not). Im really looking forward to making this an off road beast. Where should i start as far as upgrades and trails near the denver area that a kid like me can start off on? Thanks guys!!

u kinda sound like me.... is that good or bad??? :unsure:

If I started over the first MOD I would really look into is a hoohaa centerlink to help with the steering defects. You can find them online at www.grassroots.com.

ahhhhhh...the sound of young enthusiasm!!LOL Have fun with the new "toy" I was amazed at what mine did stock, you will be surprised.

Tye

Welcome to the forums.

There's a Colorado club for Nissan's there as well with many MANY skilled drivers that could help you get into the scene if you'd like. This is primarily the best server out there for info on Pathfinders and tends to answer a lot of the noob questions with the least amount of flaming, but keep in mind the very first thing you should do on this server now is learn to use the search function as if it was some sort of bible. This server has been around a lot of years and there is a WEALTH of information contained in these boards. If you're just getting into the sport then there will not be a question you'll have that hasn't already been answered at some point. Take your time with it, Until you learn the ins and outs of the search function it can be a bit time consuming, annoying, and frustrating, but you'll learn and be all the wiser. A lot of topics are also PINNED at the top of each forum for ease of reference on questions that are asked often. If all else fails and you can't find what you're looking for, then ask away.

Now as for the Colorado club, its called Ronin Wheelers. There are VERY experienced people on that forum and you probably wont get a lot of noobish questions answered there so I'd advise this as your main searching grounds. BUT reading there you can learn a LOT if you just pay attention and keep quiet. Anything you don't understand, google or look here and you'll start piecing things together. Those guys will be able to tell you where some good easy trails to start out on would be though and you can probably set up some outings with others there in your area.

Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by Dowser