not sure where to pu this!

Where and what should I do?? I have a stock pathy, I would like to run 34-36s to start off with. I like hardcore wheeling.I went to my local offroad shop and they said I couldn't do suspention lift on my 89 pathy where do I look? Also what's the cheapest way to (fix) / upgrade my axles/t-case ect? I think I'll stick with the six cyl. So what's best drivetrain combo for extreme wheeling? (Building a trailer queen) also was thinkiong of welding the rear and selcctable in front good Idea or not? Thanks for any input my name is Russ from washington.

Swap in a dana 44 in the front. 86-91 waggy axles avoid vacume disconnect ones, or early bronco axles are about the right width and they are drive side drop. You could go with a 60 like posted above but if you are keeping the v6 it weighs to much for the engine. If you have a manual tranny it will be fine if you have a auto swap it for a manual or swap out the drive train to something with a stronger auto. Then to keep your power ether put 4.88 gears in the front dana 44 and get xterra 4.9 gears that will fit in your rear. or buy 5.13 for front and rear. That is just my opinion.

Swap in a dana 44 in the front. 86-91 waggy axles avoid vacume disconnect ones, or early bronco axles are about the right width and they are drive side drop. You could go with a 60 like posted above but if you are keeping the v6 it weighs to much for the engine. If you have a manual tranny it will be fine if you have a auto swap it for a manual or swap out the drive train to something with a stronger auto. Then to keep your power ether put 4.88 gears in the front dana 44 and get xterra 4.9 gears that will fit in your rear. or buy 5.13 for front and rear. That is just my opinion.

Well that is not a response lol I ment to say thanks for the in put. So I should find a d44 for the front out of late 80s cherokee or anoutherwords xj ? What is the rear on 89 pathy? Is c-clip or non c-clip? And can it handle 4.88s with locker and rock crawling or is 5.13 better? I have manual tranny aswell.

Edited by stmpjmpr

• 4 weeks later...

Well that is not a response lol I ment to say thanks for the in put. So I should find a d44 for the front out of late 80s cherokee or anoutherwords xj ? What is the rear on 89 pathy? Is c-clip or non c-clip? And can it handle 4.88s with locker and rock crawling or is 5.13 better? I have manual tranny aswell.

You want the axle from a Jeep Grand Wagoneer not a cherokee xj, or ZJ, the full size type ones. and the gearing thing really depends on your driving style.