body lift question

1987Bama

Probably have to do something custom with the auto shifter linkage? Also, if you plan to do a body lift, try and source a transfer case shifter from a hardbody as our's aren't shaped right to be able to get into 4L with a body lift.

i read up and saw the auto linkage is long enough but the 4x4 shifter need extending or bending if you dont go with a HB shifter.

Havn't seen anything that tells me why the auto and 5 speed or different

Edited by 1987Bama

There is no difference. Regardless of transmission type, the shifter for the tranny will work fine, and the transfer case shifter will need some sort of modification to work. Either get a HB T-case shifter, notch the floor, or bend your stock shifter.

most likely need to lower the parking brake brackets too. Mine are too short when the axle droops so I have to unbolt the anchors before I go wheeling. You might not need to do this if you don't disconnect your rear anti-sway bar

Yeah, the lift manufacturers never noted the fact that our autos are cable linkage.... It is actually easier on an auto than a manual (I've done both).

Only 1 shifter to manipulate... Hated my pre-HB transmission shifter (still bent to a comfortable angle for me afterwards) after BL