Tach Question...

Kyle94

will the guts from the tach on a 92 SE fit in and work in my 93 XE? im getting the whole cluster for 15 bucks so if so this would be a great deal... thanks for anyones help

isn't that square dash to round dash?

if both clusters are square the tach will work.

if the newer one is round the tach internals will not fit. the tach motor itself can be desoldered and put on the older cluster but I think the pin for the needle is a differant size and height. so that might not work well either.

It's only $15 and you can always resell it.

BUT why don't you get a picture of it and compare it to what you have. This could make things very clear immediately... ;)

B

there not really that much different cept what is circled in red...whats circled in red is the lights i cant see until they light up, i dont think i have a battery gage, and the part under the speedo there is two slot and i dont know what they are for, cept one is for the trip... whats circled in red and yellow is the the numbers in this tach are printed ON the housing... mine are on a plastic disc... thats the ONLY differences besides maybe the back side and connectors that i dont have pics of...this is the one that im going to get...v

forgot the pic... :doh:

l_16d898ce1ebe4d4dae0ae45905533287.jpg

Edited by SexJelly

just swap the circut card that has the tach motor on it. then all your old lights and stuff stay the same.

true.. never thought of that... the pic is up now.. forgot to add it earlier...^ :blush02: im going to get it on Thursday...

also be very careful not to get anything on the needle shaft. This tiny pivot pin is so precise that even wd40, will slow it up. so watch your fingers, sweat, rain etc... only thing that should touch it is the needle.

also be very careful not to get anything on the needle shaft. This tiny pivot pin is so precise that even wd40, will slow it up. so watch your fingers, sweat, rain etc... only thing that should touch it is the needle.

ooo! good advice... :aok: thanks man! im going to get it tomorrow and should have it installed by the night... ill take pics and put em up if anyone wants?

Edited by SexJelly

goddammit! i got the tach and it wont work... well IT itself works but i cant connect it or the whole unit into mine... to many different things... dammit... im going back to ptown on saturday prolly with a friend..

which reminds me, Kingman, or anyone else in the area, do the pick n pull places take "trade ins"? i want to go to one on saturday to "trade" this one...

goddammit! i got the tach and it wont work... well IT itself works but i cant connect it or the whole unit into mine... to many different things... dammit... im going back to ptown on saturday prolly with a friend..

which reminds me, Kingman, or anyone else in the area, do the pick n pull places take "trade ins"? i want to go to one on saturday to "trade" this one...

Some places charge a core charge and will take any part of the same type for the core.

Some places charge a core charge and will take any part of the same type for the core.

hmmm good to know.. im gonna take it with me anyway so ill just take it into them and see what they say i guess...

what part of your tach is broken? If you are decent with soldering you might be able to swap a part over. I desoldered a tach motor from another dash and soldered it into my circut board because the old one had seized.

what part of your tach is broken? If you are decent with soldering you might be able to swap a part over. I desoldered a tach motor from another dash and soldered it into my circut board because the old one had seized.

its not that easy... the whole motor and connectors are different... lol im going to portland saturday to try and find/get/trade a new one...