Suspension Lift Kit vs JGC Springs

So I've found a couple of jeep grand cherokees at local yards, the v8 variety, now I could get the springs on the cheap, but is it worth it in the long run? By the time I grab the springs, I'd also need new shocks, ucas, and likely torsion bars too right?

This https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-suspension-package-p-64.html kit is $715 us, and I assume I'll pay another $150ish in shipping.

Has anyone put together a kit as complete as this using jeep springs and then just ordering ucas etc?

Sorry if this has been covered in another thread!

More fuel for the fire, but I threw what I "think" I'd need after buying the jeep springs and I have this:

Pathfinder Upper Control Arms

$205.00USD

Pathfinder Torsion Bars

$210.00USD

Rancho RS5000 Front Shock

$85.00USD

Rancho RS5000 Rear Shock

$85.00USD

Sub-Total: $585.00USD

I wonder how that would stack up to their $700 kit?

you don't "need" new shocks for the front for the lift. You won't get any increased travel up front.

you don't "need" new torsion bars. I'm still running my stock T-bars and they are holding up fine

also the AC UCA's don't correct the BJ angle like the RC's or Calmini

Edited by headpeace

I don't think the ride changed at all really, if any it was so sbtle I didn't notice but I don't drive like I'm in a sports car either. I have Rough Country (Superlift) UCA's, You can find them at roughcountry.com.

*sigh*

We have this discussion every month...

All you really need for a suspension lift is rear springs and longer shocks. Some people even run stock UCAs but angle correcting units are recommended. Forget the front shoucks unless they are shot and I run the stock T-bars and I have a hefty front bumper.

You haven't been watching the classifieds, have you?? Here is most of what you need.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=27448

My suspension lift cost me about $200. Look for deals and save your $ for the other stuff... ;)

B

BTW RoughCountrys are discontinued but the Superlifts are still available. They are the same product, just zinc plated instead of black painted.

So I checked with roughcountry, and ucas + shackles = $249.95 and I guess if I don't like the ride I can always swap out shocks down the road.

you don't need the shackles; they are for leaf springs

I've sent parts to Canada, Puerto Rico, New Zealand, etc and it isn't always that bad.

Just trying to help. :shrug:

B

Sorry, that looks snarky online but it isn't directed at you, I just hate hate hate all of the stupid brokerage fees / duties we get dinged with up here. I.e. shipping for my 4x4parts.com order was $130ish and then I still had to pay $55ish when it was delivered to my door :thumbsdown:

If the seller is willing to ship I'm going to check and see how much it'll cost, thanks for pointing me at that thread!

:takebow:

Also, I just got an email reply after telling them I didn't need the shackles, and I get this reply:

"Cant sell just the arms b/c of the way the kit box is packed. This is the only way to get the arms is to buy the kit box."

:scratchhead:

There was also someone (I forget who at the moment) that got around the "buying the whole kit" deal by saying they had a Hardbody that was wrecked in the front that already had the lift on it, said the control arms got damaged during he "accident" and that's all they needed. Saved a fiew bucks as well...

Sorry, that looks snarky online but it isn't directed at you, I just hate hate hate all of the stupid brokerage fees / duties we get dinged with up here. I.e. shipping for my 4x4parts.com order was $130ish and then I still had to pay $55ish when it was delivered to my door :thumbsdown:

If the seller is willing to ship I'm going to check and see how much it'll cost, thanks for pointing me at that thread!

Did you use UPS?

ALWAYS use USPS. It may take a little longer, but you get dinged less.

No worries.

If you buy the used ones from the member here, can't it be declared 'Gift: Used car parts' or something... :whistle:

B