So I ordered this:

Steering Enhancement Package

SKU: SPAC1STABPKGRANCHOPF

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/steering-enhancement-package-p-2578.html

and

Pathfinder 3 Inch Body Lift

SKU: SPBL405395

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-inch-body-lift-p-277.html

After reading the forums here I have an idea of what to expect as far as install goes, what I'm wondering is, if I were to pick up one of the serious built centerlinks from the member who builds them, would I have a steering setup that can support some offroading?

• Like 1

After reading the forums here I have an idea of what to expect as far as install goes, what I'm wondering is, if I were to pick up one of the serious built centerlinks from the member who builds them, would I have a steering setup that can support some offroading?

Yes, even stock steering will hold up under moderate wheeling. Upgraded CL and idler brace will greatly increase the life of the other steering components.

Thanks! that's the info I was wondering about, I've read bits and pieces of people mentioning changing steering box, but I wasn't sure if that's something absolutely needed or theirs has just worn out. So those two mods and I'll be ok for a suspension lift without completely screwing my alignment?

Lockrite is probably the best bang for buck, BUT you need an open diff to install it in. What you CAN do is repack the LSD to be UBER stiff. It was just recently discussed so do a quick search, otherwise let me know if you can't find it.

Sorry, but I'm off to bed now... :shrug:

B

Lockrite is probably the best bang for buck, BUT you need an open diff to install it in. What you CAN do is repack the LSD to be UBER stiff. It was just recently discussed so do a quick search, otherwise let me know if you can't find it.

Sorry, but I'm off to bed now... :shrug:

B

What B fails to mention is your other options. Detroit (~2x price of LockRight) & ARB (~4x price of LockRight). In both cases you'll replace your entire differential carrier and swap your ring gear to a new carrier. There are 2 versions of the Detroit available for the H233B with 31 splines, but because you have LSD you would need the more expensive one:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/complete-detroit-locker-assembly-p-5024.html

ARB is a controllable locker which means you can turn it on and off. The on and off function is controlled by air-pressure which means you need a compressor and a small air tank which adds to expense and install labor.

So I ordered this:

Steering Enhancement Package

SKU: SPAC1STABPKGRANCHOPF

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/steering-enhancement-package-p-2578.html

and

Pathfinder 3 Inch Body Lift

SKU: SPBL405395

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-inch-body-lift-p-277.html

With the steering kit you mentioned above. a 3+3 lift trimming and my 33" swampers, i was going through at least 1 tree or ball-joint every time i went wheeling sometimes more then 1, along with needing a new alignment each time.

I Then installed the hoohaa (grassroots.com) centerlink I have not went through 1 tree or ball joint sense it was installed. IF i was to build another pathfinder that was to stay IFS the centerlink would be my first upgrade.

People may disagree with me on how the steering last stock, So i should note I wheel my pathfinder hard and run it through trails up to Double black diamonds.

What B fails to mention is your other options. Detroit (~2x price of LockRight) & ARB (~4x price of LockRight). In both cases you'll replace your entire differential carrier and swap your ring gear to a new carrier. There are 2 versions of the Detroit available for the H233B with 31 splines, but because you have LSD you would need the more expensive one:

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/complete-detroit-locker-assembly-p-5024.html

ARB is a controllable locker which means you can turn it on and off. The on and off function is controlled by air-pressure which means you need a compressor and a small air tank which adds to expense and install labor.

Sooo, like I said, Lockrite locker.... :D

B

:laugh: All kidding aside, I'm hoping this isn't going to be too loud / obnoxious, I'm going to be running this setup

GetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

along with a magnaflow muffler and I'm thinking 2 1/4" pipe. Anyone have anything similar? I guess if it's too much I'll just have to throw a thrush or a cherry bomb glasspack in line somewhere to quiet it down.

I have custom made headers (very similar to those) + 2" line + magnaflow cat + small silencer and it's awesome. A nice growl, not too loud, very quiet when cruising and loud enough when reving it hard! And there was a notorious change in performance.

With that config you're golden!

Dang from where?? That is a good deal. I have been hunting some headers of some sort, and people recommend the Doug Thorleys, but I have not the $400+ to buy a set...$200 is around my style!