steering wheel

1987caddy

Hey everyone, I had a quick question about the steering wheel. I have a 95 with no airbag and the guts inside that work the horn is all busted up. Does anyone know what years use the same horn center as the 95? The junkyard has a 94 and a 93. I hadnt went yet to look and didnt know if any other nissans would work? thanks

I think as long as the ones in the junkyard are the same 4 spoke that you have in your 95 they should be the same, you could always take your part with you and check it. Just let the people at the junkyard know that you are bringing a part in so they don't try to charge you for it when you leave

all 1st gen HB and Pathy wheels are interchangeable. (not 720 or earlier pickup)

Some require very minor modifacation like the plastic lip on the steering colomn needs shaved back to fit a newer wheel on an older pathy. And rounting of the wire for the horn button varies but is easily done. Obviously If you have cruise ontrol in the wheel you'll want to look for one that has those buttons.

There are 2 spoke and multiple 4 spoke designs in all colors.

Early 90's sentra wheels also fit if you like the 3 spoke design....

Many other 90's nissan models fit If you feel like doing something differant.

Edited by MY1PATH

I think he was just asking about the center pad not replacing the whole wheel,

In case you are considering replacing the whole steering wheel:

Below is a picture of a list of the different Nissan models and which adapter they use ( in this case for a Momo steering wheel), but it will show which vehicles use the same adapter thus the same stock st. wheel should fit,

15hhnox.jpg

no center pads for the pathfinder or trucks here but this page will show a large majority of Nissan steering wheels and they are all for sale too !!

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/steeringW.htm

Thanks for the info. The white plastic internals were all broken up but I had all the pieces and used fiberglass and resin to rebuild it all. Horn was working somewhat until I noticed the black collar on the steering column that has the brass connectors that ride on the back of the wheel were not touching very well. Adjusted everything and now the horn works really good and the cruise control will set without having to beat on the bottom of the wheel.

Edited by 1987caddy

when I first got my 94 the horn would only work with the wheel in certain positions, but I cleaned the contacts real good and played with the screws that attach the contact ring on the steering wheel and it now works like it should.

when I first got my 94 the horn would only work with the wheel in certain positions, but I cleaned the contacts real good and played with the screws that attach the contact ring on the steering wheel and it now works like it should.

My 93 is doing that, need to pull the wheel, but have been lazy.