new feature

wilson

well the old girl has developed an auto opening rear door. I pulled out of the bank and the rear door opened when two jerry cans shifted and pushed against it, thus auto unloading the two water containers. Surprised, I stopped to pick them up. so I'm standing there, truck parked askew in the middle of the parking lot with the rear hatch open with two big blue cans laying about. this women walk out of the the bank and exclaims " you dropped somethin!" no @!*% lady, thanks. hahaha.

anyway, it wont stay closed long without being locked at this point. before I tear it apart I was just wondering if anybody had a good Idea what to look for. also where is that door ajar sensor? I think thats bad too.

thank in advance fellas

wilson

The switch is part of the latch/lock assembly.

Were you driving when the door opened? There's safety's built in so you can't open any of the automatic doors when the vehicle is in motion.. Strange yours would at all.

I've seen quest sliding doors, and front automatic windows go hay-wire by themselfes when a remote f-'s up internally, sending out a signal even with no button pushed, but the rear door opening while moving is a new one for me....

if the rear door was closed fully and latched I can't see it opening by itself, unless it was never really closed or perhaps someone tried to open it. Guess you don't have the outside spare tire carrier.

you said the door won't stay closed for long unless it is locked, when you shut the door does the latch grab, I would leave the door open and try closing the latch with a screw driver than try to open it using the screw driver, if it opens without using the handle than the latch would be bad

this women walk out of the the bank and exclaims " you dropped somethin!" no @!*% lady, thanks.

I do that to people just to be a smartass, that and beep and wave at people whos hands are full to see if they drop things to wave back...

Any chance you might have slammed somethign against the jam mounted point of the latch (where the latch actually hooks) and bent it or moved it at all causign it to not completly grab?

The switch is part of the latch/lock assembly.

Were you driving when the door opened? There's safety's built in so you can't open any of the automatic doors when the vehicle is in motion.. Strange yours would at all.

I've seen quest sliding doors, and front automatic windows go hay-wire by themselfes when a remote f-'s up internally, sending out a signal even with no button pushed, but the rear door opening while moving is a new one for me....

the latch is very much manual. the automatic bit was an attempt at humor..I failed.