98 pathfinder chilkoot

Theodore

Hi new to the site.Had some questions about what my nissan can do.was wondering what the towing capacity for this model is?what type of motor does it have,I know its a V6 but how many litres is it?

3.3 L

It can do most anything, except the things you would use a boat for. ;)

Not sure about towing... someone will help you out with that.

Welcome to NPORA!

If it is an auto you can tow up to 5000 lbs and if its a 5 speed you can tow 3500. According to the owners manual, trailer brakes are recommended for loads above 2000lbs IIRC

Welcome Ted!!

If it is an auto you can tow up to 5000 lbs and if its a 5 speed you can tow 3500.

I'd argue that the numbers are reversed if you would like the auto tranny to last more than a few years and know how to drive a clutch... :shrug:

B

I know it is stupid because I've towed another wd21 with the r50 and that is 4200lbs plus the dolly. Apparently I do know how to drive a stick because the r50 didn't seem to complain or put out the smell of burned clutch.

Theodore, the auto in these trucks is actually very strong you just need to keep them cool. So if you wanna tow that much I would suggest supplementing the factory cooler in your pathfinder with an aftermarket one.

• 2 weeks later...