cv joint

tropicana

Okay this question may be dumb but i don't know if i would invest 1500$ on a SAS and asking this question?

how much time will cv joint axle handle 35x12.5 tires??? if i only 4-5" SL + 2-3" BL

i pay my cv joint axle at the local store 70$ each for brand new axle they are 1 year warranty.

please excuse my English i speak french :S

33's will do with some steering upgrades and 3" susp lift and 3" BL.

Check out grasroots4x4 for the ceterlink upgrade and search here for how to run dual steering boxes(the 2nd one is a dummy) and your steering will be set.

Any more than 2.5~3" suspension lift is going to speed up CV wear(from binding).

Always look at your vehicles as if they are worth $0. Compare the costs to what a new car costs with payments, taxes, etc., and the $3100 outlay is not very much. Mods generally return 10-15% of the initial spend. Unless you are buying a 1929 Bugatti or similar, automobiles are just an expense, not an investment. 33s are no problem with the mods My1path is referring to. You need at least the HooHaa centerlink and an idler arm brace. Otherwise, you'll have to treat the centerlink/idler arm/tie rods as consumables that must be replaced often with hard use.

I am running a stock center link with an idler arm brace, and 33's and rarely go off road. However, I am about to go the hoohaa route, and the steering box upgrade in order to fix the squirlly steering. I can only imagine what 35's would do to my truck.

Good luck!

Just to back up my post, this was the first time out for this guy's setup, basically 6" suspension lift and 35s with stock steering. This night run was his first trail he hit that wekend, and it was a fairly easy trail until a long rutted hill climb (Dutch John at URE, NC). He made it about 100ft up and came backing down looking like this:

normal_edcn7.JPG

(Yes it is a Hardbody, but all the same in the steering and suspension.)

Yea buddy I would say its time to SAS or get a hoohaa!!

I am pinching pennies now to try and raise the funds to order me one.

You'll be so glad once you did.