To WD21 or not to WD21?

TheCrow

DOT3 brake fluid is kinda tasteless..

Which makes it a very good "poison". My friend had a roommate who kept drinking all my friend's chocolate milk, so he bought a new 1/2 gallon and poured some brake fluid in it. Guess it is a sure fire way to loosen someone's bowels.

Good luck with the shopping. I'm sure you know what you are doing, but don't be afraid to walk away if it doesn't seem like a good deal, or at least sleep on it.

B

Like precise says just take your time and walk away from the bad ones. There are still good ones out there if you keep looking. Don't make my mistake. I looked at 6 that turned out to be junk so when I ran across number 7 I bought it even though it wasn't the best, it was way better than the other ones I had looked at.

Then I saw the one I own now on craigslist and it was exactly the condition and options I wanted all along. I bought it too and had to sell the first one I bought at a loss because I had already started fixing things that I couldn't get my money back on.

When my eyes saw a1998 4Runner limited to a price close to the WD21’s I went for the 4runner with the 3.4 liters engine it is a better choice when having to driver on hilly roads and rides more comfortably on the road and have good off-road capability with the factory rear lock though it has a long wheel base

It's the wife's SUV, Right??

Right??

Right!!

Just remember that and we'll have no problems... :lol:

Congrats on finding a fair deal on what you needed. Not every one of my vehicles have a Nissan badge either. ;)

B

It's the wife's SUV, Right??

Right??

Right!!

Just remember that and we'll have no problems... :lol:

Congrats on finding a fair deal on what you needed. Not every one of my vehicles have a Nissan badge either. ;)

B

Well it is shared with the wife and she hated the WD21 and loved this one , so you are totally Right ;) problems who need them hehe

Dhardison I was about to make the same mistake but then i backed up at the last moment.

I saw few good ones the owners wont sell and the only one for sale was over priced at 7,500 usd , as earlier said i am still attracted to the WD21 but with now with 4SUV , i better resist my desire for the WD21 before i get :stickwack: .

There it is i dont have other pictures or better quality ones .

38808_10150237505370402_756695401_14089593_6807659_n.jpg

39902_10150237508140402_756695401_14089607_723473_n.jpg

I really liked that year of the 4runner too. They were really expensive when i was shopping for my truck. Factory locker is awesome, nice truck.

I am considering to buy a used low budget vehicle ( withing 5000 usd ) to be used each time I visit home instead of shipping one of our cars every vacation .

The vehicle is most probably going to idle for long periods and be used only during our vacation back home or partially by family members .

I am considering a 4 doors WD21 automatic since it will be used by my wife as well .

My questions are :

1. Is it a good daily driver ?

2. Driven on mountain roads ( hills ) do I have to drive on the slow lane ? is difficult to overtake with the WD21 ?

3. Is it noisy inside the cabin when driving on high way ?

4. Are there any specific points I should be focusing on when inspecting the car apart from the usual ones , anything specific to the WD21 ?

5. Are there any known or common problems related to the WD21 I should be taking into consideration ?

Thanks

Shebl

The answers are:

1. Yes

2. You can drive in the fast lane if you keep OD off and go even faster if you get the small tires package

3. It's very quiet inside unless you actually want it loud

4. Inspect for transmission problems, frame rust, and rust at the top of the gas tank

5. MAF sensor wiring, fixing broken exhaust studs if they are still original, addition of a transmission cooler, and getting new LCA bushings

Edited by Tungsten

Well it is shared with the wife and she hated the WD21 and loved this one , so you are totally Right ;) problems who need them hehe

Dhardison I was about to make the same mistake but then i backed up at the last moment.

I saw few good ones the owners wont sell and the only one for sale was over priced at 7,500 usd , as earlier said i am still attracted to the WD21 but with now with 4SUV , i better resist my desire for the WD21 before i get :stickwack: .

There it is i dont have other pictures or better quality ones .

38808_10150237505370402_756695401_14089593_6807659_n.jpg

39902_10150237508140402_756695401_14089607_723473_n.jpg

That thing is crap, don't get it.

What's the old saying "Happy Wife Happy Life" or something like that.

I really liked that year of the 4runner too. They were really expensive when i was shopping for my truck. Factory locker is awesome, nice truck.

Thanks I really liked the factory lockers too , we were a group of ATV and my wife had no problem catching up with us , she has no experiencein choosing lines all she needed to do was to press the RR locker button when her wheels were spinning and she wasn't making progress ;)

The answers are:

1. Yes

2. You can drive in the fast lane if you keep OD off and go even faster if you get the small tires package

3. It's very quiet inside unless you actually want it loud

4. Inspect for transmission problems, frame rust, and rust at the top of the gas tank

5. MAF sensor wiring, fixing broken exhaust studs if they are still original, addition of a transmission cooler, and getting new LCA bushings

I'll add those notes to the previous ones who knows when it could be right time to get a WD21 :shrug:

That thing is crap, don't get it.

Got it already with no regrets

What's the old saying "Happy Wife Happy Life" or something like that.

Amen

Happy wife happy life!!!

Hell yea that is the truth, even B can agree on that one!!

Amen

Edited by TheCrow