Need help with rear axle w/ lockrite

MrPlow

Hey guys. Recently my rear axle started leaking from the hub area, so I took it to my mechanic to have the bearings/seals looked at. While he was in there he noticed I had a lockrite installed, and he also noticed that the "thrust block" was missing from the differential. He said this was allowing the axle shafts too move excessively from side to side and causing the seals to fail. According to my mechanic, with the lockrite in there a stock thrust block will not work, so my question is does anyone have a lockrite (or similar device) and what did you use for the thrust block in your axle? Or is my guy full of it? Thanks!

I believe all 31 spline h233b axles had the thrust block. The 33 spline axles did not have a thrust block. The stock thrust block should work just fine with the lock right. Whoever installed the lock right may have just forgotten to put it back in.

Edited by KovemaN

Ok mine is the 31 spline, and I talked to the guy who installed the lockrite but he says he doesn't remember the thrust block being removed or coming w/ the lockrite. It sounds like it needs one, but my mechanic made it sound like a stock one won't fit. I guess I'll talk to him tomorrow and see what is going on.

Edited by MrPlow

scratchheadyellow.gif I think only the disc brake axels had the thrust blocks, even then, many with discs are running lockrites.

Got it backwards according to the FSM... Only the 4 pinion, drum brake equipped H233B's on the WD21's show a thrust block.