Cargo covers?

93xe

Hi all,

i am almost done installing my audio system in my '93 XE and i was wondering if anyone makes a cargo cover for the back so i can hide my subs and amps from prying eyes...i have checked all over the internet (jc whitney, performance products, ac, etc) but no luck. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks in advance :)

You could easily fab up a DIY one cheap. I did one for the king cab in my old Nissan truck to hide a system. Just fashioned mounts on either side, and covered with a carpeted piece of MDF. That or get some seriously dark tint like my Pathy has. :D

• 1 year later...

My wife's XTerra came with a retractable cover for the rear hatch from the factory. It is removable and all you would have to do is fab up a holder. Check your junkyard for XTerras. BTW Hers is an "02

Good luck!

I'm actually a pro seamstress...seriously..

Any upholstry shop should be able to make you one in a day...maybe attach it with snaps..that's my view on it...probably under 50 bux (depends on where ya go) with vinyl or a rip stop heavy nylon. I can picture in my head it being more like a tonnau cover. You can get vinyl or nylon in almost any color to match your Pathy too.

I am going to make one for mine this fall sometime, I will post pics when I get it done. I thought of this, because there is no hardware to hide, or take out if you don't want it in there, just roll it up and store it. snaps stay out of the way and take up any of your cargo space.

Edited by DustyDevil

• 1 month later...

Rocker,

How long is your wife's retractable cargo cover (i.e. from left side of truck interior to right side)? If it was the right width for my '92 pathfinder I might try and find one at the auto wreckers and fab some brackets.

Also, the snap on idea is cool but I could see it becoming a PITA after a few times of taking it off and putting it back on.